 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5552
Re: Roses are ...LEGO?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 16:37:12 GMT

This auction has ow passed $500.. I can't see any information about a buyer
will get a special certificate or similar stuff that will make these roses a
collectiable item in the future.

So in the case a buyer as I see it just get the 12 roses and nothing else
could the buyer instead have bought the parts needed to build these roses on
bricklink in stores like:

GoB - ABS4all there has a nice stock of 1x1 round green bricks
Lego Treasure Chest there has a nice stock of 2x1 red brick modified with
curved top

And the other stuff like red plates and bricks can be found as well, no item
used will have a price of more than $0.10 each item.

Based on the pictures do I guess that a rose need app. 100 items/parts to be
build, so that gives a maximum price of app. $10 for each rose - or $120 for
all 12 if you build them yourself..!!

Why does anyone want to pay more than 4 times this amount if there ain't
included anything specific besides the bricks ??

Just a thought.. think LSAH is making big money on buyers who is not
thinking clearly when they bid on an item like this...

In lugnet.lego.direct, Ondrew Hartigan writes:
wow $480! if I was LEGO direct I would put a couple more up for sale.
OnDrew

In lugnet.lego.direct, Michael Ibansky writes:
I guess this is bad joke...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1186&item=3111432629

Mike

In lugnet.lego.direct, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
What I think would be cool is if LEGO Direct had printed copies of the rose
instructions to hand out at BW03.

The photos on the eBay site is enough to recreate them. However you need a
steel wire in the brick 1 x 1 rounds...

Best regards,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu