 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5492
Re: What a downer :-(
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 09:03:06 GMT

The sad truth is that Technic is DEAD. I don’t want to believe it.  But it’s
true. I think the Lego Company is making a huge mistake by ignoring the
Technic market.

My guess is kids today are forced to "get adult" faster thus turning away from
LEGO sooner. This makes the Technic line in it's traditional meaning harder to
sell.

Since the rant is up I'll blame the lack of beams, I mean of we AFOL's have
trouble being creative with double bent beams how well will the kids
incorporate them into MOC's?

Boys must still be interested in tractors and machinery (I know at least one)
so I don't think that's the problem.

Okay, the fast life with quick fixes might be blamed to a certain degree but
it's all evolution and for LEGO to survive they have to adobt...

Best regards,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu
(remove SPAM when e-mailing)