 Technic / 8791
Re: Lime green firefighter vehicles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 11:41:36 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Allan Bedford writes:

Please, someone.... say it ain't so!  A black and lime green fire truck?
The only picture I could find that was even *close* to this description was on:

http://www.airportfire.com

Well, that same site also features Indianapolis Int. Airport "Green Hornet",
which I think looks pretty good

http://thunder.prohosting.com/~arff-2/arff/desktop/desktop_08/01.jpg

(deep link might not worm - look under new desktop photos)

Here is another firetruck with the same paint hue

http://www.american-firefighter.com/photos/view.php?photo_id=133&screen=1&cat_id=15&action=images

While I do like lime green, and most specially for Lego models, I'll agree
with you that some trucks don't look quite "right" in that color. For
instance, the design of the second example above does no match the color
properly (it looks odd). However, newer vehicle designs like the "green
hornet" seem well suited for the color.

Other green fire trucks

http://www.moocowbikers.org/photo6.htm

http://www.baronent.com/prod057.jpg (a model of the above?)

http://www.hallofflame.org/MoreExhibitPix/1947SeagraveDHale5In.jpeg (is it
the same?)

http://www.fire.org.uk/aviation/trucks/month12.htm

http://www.fire.org.uk/aviation/trucks/month26.htm

http://www.fire.org.uk/aviation/trucks/month25.htm

http://www.aeromuseum.org/oshkosh.html

And what has been called the "crash truck of the future" (Colet K/15 Jaguar)
is also partly lime green:

http://popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_cars_trucks/2002/11/new_firetrucks/images/sb_lg_sidebar-lg.jpg

My own life and design philosophy has one single principle:

"Never say never"