 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5491
Re: What a downer :-(
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 08:35:26 GMT

It is sad.  At work often whenever I bring in a  model of one of our robots
or bits of automation, some of my co workers will ask, "Where can I get sets
that can do that for my son or daughter?"  And I do not have an answer.  :-/

Well, my answer is buy Meccano instead ... they have some nice sets for
reasonable prices.

Meccano Motion System 50
Re-use 599 Meccano building pieces to make up to 50 different models with this
sensational kit. Includes a 6 Volt motor and power tool. AUD $148

MECCANO Special Edition Train
Actual working train engine, works on G Scale track. Packed in special storage
case. Builds 5 toys. Includes 6V motor (requires 4 AA batteries, not included).
Features: This magnificent collector's set comes with a 6 Volt motor and a
handy storage case.
Use 521 Meccano building pieces to construct this superb train.
AUD $147

Kerry