 Town / 5613
Re: Cool, received Main Street Legend 10041 today!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 12:30:13 GMT

In lugnet.town, Troy Cefaratti writes:

"Kecia Hansen" <kch@adslhome.dk> wrote in message

One complaint though. I really don't understand, why you have to tear • apart
the crane and rails to be able to make the big Legoland Hotel sign. :-(

I believe that this has to do with the original design of the track that the
crane runs on.  You can see from the orginal instructions that they used a
different piece for the track:

http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/6000/6390/6390-09.html

Yes, and they have changed the bricks under the rails too. There is now a
blue 2 x 6 brick at each end instead of the 1 x N pieces, but the old pieces
are still included in the set...

BTW. There is an error in the instructions. It doesn't show where to place
the new spruce tree in any of the images! unlike the old tree:
http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/6000/6390/6390-13.html

The piece they use is the Train, Level Crossing Center Rail Cap Insert
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=812

This piece is also what they used for the Hotel sign:
http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/6000/6390/6390-15.html

Unfortunately, this piece is apparently no longer available.  A shame
really, since it is such a neat part.

Of course, as to why they didn't just include 5 of them in the orignal set
is a good question!

Or include the pieces necessary in the new set. Can't imagine that this
would mean a much higher price.

And just how are the minifigs supposed to get that sign
up there if they ahve to take the crane apart to make it!

Troy

My thoughts exactly!

But the pieces should have been there for another reason as well. If you
already attached the Legoland Hotel sticker to the rail, and then build the
crane/rails again, we all know what happens when you move the crane over the
rail with the attached sticker a number of times. The sticker will be
damaged/come loose...

Despite this, I still find this set awesome. One of the best town sets ever.
Period. I'm really happy, that I voted for this. It's a true legend...

Kecia :-)