 Town / 5612
Re: Cool, received Main Street Legend 10041 today!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 10:25:58 GMT

"Kecia Hansen" <kch@adslhome.dk> wrote in message

One complaint though. I really don't understand, why you have to tear • apart
the crane and rails to be able to make the big Legoland Hotel sign. :-(

I believe that this has to do with the original design of the track that the
crane runs on.  You can see from the orginal instructions that they used a
different piece for the track:

http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/6000/6390/6390-09.html

The piece they use is the Train, Level Crossing Center Rail Cap Insert
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=812

This piece is also what they used for the Hotel sign:
http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/6000/6390/6390-15.html

Unfortunately, this piece is apparently no longer available.  A shame
really, since it is such a neat part.

Of course, as to why they didn't just include 5 of them in the orignal set
is a good question!  And just how are the minifigs supposed to get that sign
up there if they ahve to take the crane apart to make it!

Troy