 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5569
Re: Shop.lego.com broken for Mozilla and Safari on Mac
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 22:43:23 GMT

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003, Matthew Gerber wrote:

In lugnet.lego.direct, Kevin Johnston writes:
Adding and item to my cart gives a "cookies are disabled" warning for either of
these browsers, though that is not the case.  I used Mozilla to successfully
place an order just a few weeks ago.  Appears to work for IE Mac.

You're correct though. I hadn't noticed yet, but I just checked as well
(MacOS X 10.2.3, Safari 1.0 Beta (v51)). I can't even sign in to this new
version of S@H (since beginning of this week, I believe...without the java
menu in the left-hand navigation). I also tried accepting all cookies
(usually keep it limited to sites I navigate to). No go. Things were FINALLY
working fine in all browsers before this last site update. Whatever was done
under the hood hobbled the site for those it was finally just starting to
work well for.

I don't know about "FINALLY working fine"...last time I tried (a few weeks
ago?) the menus on the left were not visible to Opera users, and you still
cannot change countries with the mouse in Galeon (you can if you use
the keyboard with the mouse).

I get the error described above with Mozilla 1.1 under RedHat 7.2, but not
with Galeon 1.2.6 (which is Mozilla-based).

I can't speak to the rest of lego.com, since the only place I go is
MyOpinions, which is (as usual) non-functional.

--
TWS Garrison
http://www.math.purdue.edu/~tgarriso/