 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5567
Re: Shop.lego.com broken for Mozilla and Safari on Mac
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 08:03:42 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Dave Johann writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Kevin Johnston writes:
Adding and item to my cart gives a "cookies are disabled" warning for either of
these browsers, though that is not the case.  I used Mozilla to successfully
place an order just a few weeks ago.  Appears to work for IE Mac.

Uncertain anyone will care (Mac and non-IE browser... two strikes),

Kevin

I care as well.

Safari is a fantastic browser and should be supported fully by coding for
web standards, not web browsers. Looks like that little bug button is going
to get some use afterall....

I'll be surprised if it's a Safari bug, since it happens in Mozilla as well.
On the other hand, apparently Safari sends a browser ID string similar to
Mozilla's.  And the Safari team will probably have to spend some time
schmoozing sites to adopt standards the same way the Mozilla team has, so I
guess it can't hurt to file a report.

Thanks to you as well for the confirmation... yes, Safari rocks!

Kevin