 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5563
Re: Shop.lego.com broken for Mozilla and Safari on Mac
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 03:32:32 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Kevin Johnston writes:
Adding and item to my cart gives a "cookies are disabled" warning for either of
these browsers, though that is not the case.  I used Mozilla to successfully
place an order just a few weeks ago.  Appears to work for IE Mac.

Uncertain anyone will care (Mac and non-IE browser... two strikes),

I care.

You're correct though. I hadn't noticed yet, but I just checked as well
(MacOS X 10.2.3, Safari 1.0 Beta (v51)). I can't even sign in to this new
version of S@H (since beginning of this week, I believe...without the java
menu in the left-hand navigation). I also tried accepting all cookies
(usually keep it limited to sites I navigate to). No go. Things were FINALLY
working fine in all browsers before this last site update. Whatever was done
under the hood hobbled the site for those it was finally just starting to
work well for.

I can sign in to LEGO.com fine, but as in all other browsers I've used under
MacOS X (OmniWeb and IE), I am not allowed to stay logged in upon leaving
the site as I could in IE under MacOS 9.

Also, the persistent "You don't have Flash" screen is back, despite having
the most current version of Flash installed. Can't use Bionicle.com,
couldn't get to LEGO Club, always have to click the confirmation that I do
indeed have Flash installed before I am forwarded to the page in question
(which always works just fine, though I haven't been able to get the new
Bionicle game to load and play).

Hrmmm...

Matt