 General / *1900 (-100)
  Re: FOTW? Nebuala Outpost 6899

(...) I got them at Wal-Mart. You can too, if you look hard enough and are lucky enough. That is the best (percentage-wise) clearance price I've gotten in over 2 years of constant diligence, though. Patience and diligence pay off in the end. Lots of (...) (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: FOTW? Nebuala Outpost 6899

(...) Call me a sucker if you're just joking about this, but where would one find a deal like that? (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Space Shuttle 8480

Mark Dittenber wrote in message <36957D49.2ED9872F@c...et.com>... (...) I've seen them at Zany Brainy. (...) That sucks. Was hoping for a phone special on them (or at least a Zany Brainy sale, since they've carried them for $90 before). Anyone know (...) (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Space Shuttle 8480

(...) I don't know about S@H but a TRU near me(1) had at *least* a dozen on Tuesday. Unfortunately, they are all full price. Jeff 1 - The TRU is in Wheaton, Maryland (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Wow, S@H is watching

Mike Stanley wrote: <some digs at our favorite S@H rep> I'm not sure she's watching HERE yet, although I have been twisting her arm. you may want to (if you didn't already, I haven't checked) post this to RTL... (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Scorpion Stud

Scott Symer wrote in message ... (...) I think we're heading towards lugnet.scorpion.fact here, aren't we? Steve =) ---...--- Why not visit Llegogogoch? (URL) (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: FOTW? Nebuala Outpost 6899

(...) I thought it was because people mistrust products with "Limited Edition!" plastered all over the box, but there are 50 zillion of them on the shelf, for six months or more. Now the Soccer sets, *those* were limited edition. Steve (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Creator Success

(...) Congrats on the install of Creator. Have you tried to overclock the 300A to 450 yet? Oh, and sorry about the G200. I'm a longtime Matrox fan, but the only reason I'm keeping the Marvel G200-TV I put in the 300a-450 system I put together a few (...) (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Scorpion Stud

(...) Fun Scorpion Fact 3: Put a WW pistol handle in the hollow stud to make a scorpion bank robber. :> Scott (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Scorpion Stud

Steve Anderson wrote in message ... (...) I checked - I was wrong. Doh. Steve ---...--- Why not visit Llegogogoch? (URL) (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Lego Creator Success

I just wanted to report that I have experienced a flawless install of Lego Creator. I was really worried with all of the problems others had reported. I thought I'd let you all know the environment: I just built an ATX Celeron 300A, with a Matrox (...) (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Wow, S@H is watching

Some of you may have noticed me losing my temper (something I seldom do - hah) about not receiving a S@H catalog yet last week on RTL. Well, today I received one sent to me via first class mail, with a personal note attached assuring me that they (...) (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: FOTW? Nebuala Outpost 6899

(...) Well, that depends. Yeah, I would. I can lose on this one, because I've gotten sets for 90% off. :) Got a ton of Scorpion Detectors last year for $2.50 each. Not bad for a $25+ set. When will TLG learn that their sets in weird packaging sell (...) (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: FOTW? Nebuala Outpost 6899

(...) Would you believe a dollar and eighty six cents? (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: FOTW? Nebuala Outpost 6899

(...) I've found them for $2.50. Nyah-nyah. :) (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Space Shuttle 8480

Does anyone know if the Technic Space Shuttle (8480) is still available through S@H? Or anywhere for that matter. A friend called to order one and he was told it was discontinued. I remember seeing something the other day that the off hours people (...) (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: FOTW? Nebuala Outpost 6899

(...) FOTW level find, IMHO, on these is to get them under 3 bucks... I have. (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  FOTW? Nebuala Outpost 6899

I was at Kmart the other day looking around for any good Legos that I could afford, and I saw this megablock thing and I moved it to look at it and then I saw a Explorien Nebula Outpost(1) it was really banged up and the box was open, I think all (...) (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  CFD: lugnet.market.shipping

[Crossposted to lugnet.admin.general & lugnet.general & lugnet.faq, with followups set to lugnet.admin.general] This is an informal call for discussion on the topic of creating a new newsgroup lugnet.market.shipping dedicated to: - discussions - (...) (26 years ago, 7-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.faq)

  Update to Sanjay's Lego Town Page

(26 years ago, 7-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Scorpion Stud

I have hollow stud scorpions. There might be differnt species. I use mine as head pieces. Jorge Rodriguez (...) Jorge Rodriguez rodriguez.136@osu.edu (26 years ago, 7-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Do these elements exist in green? If you have some will you sell?

I'm doing an SW-xxxx (probably a 1500 because it won't have top rounded windows) and I decided to do it in C&NW colors because yellow and green aren't used much in existing Train models. But I've discovered that I'm short (or have, but don't know (...) (26 years ago, 7-Jan-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Scorpion Stud

(...) I'm sure mine have solid central studs, but I'll have to check again. Maybe they've got different moulds or something - are these American scorpions? (...) Fun Scorpion Fact 2: Add a pair of minifig binoculars to the top to make a scorpion (...) (26 years ago, 7-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Fuzzy categories: The death of black & white

[Crossposted to lugnet.admin.database & lugnet.general, with followups set to lugnet.admin.database] * Is LEGO set 1843 (a '96 Space/Castle value pack) actually a value pack containing two sets? Or is it one set with instructions to build two (...) (26 years ago, 7-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.general)

  Re: Mystery lighthouse model

Steve Anderson wrote in message ... (...) Thanks for looking it up. It's close but not the same model. I'll shoot a picture when my house is in order after a recent move. Eric (26 years ago, 7-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Scorpion Stud

Has anyone else noticed that the central stud for the scorpion is hollow whereas on the box + instructions etc, the stud is solid? Or are my scorpions just mutant? Fun Scorpion Fact: Add one of those 1x1 black levers to the top of one to make a (...) (26 years ago, 7-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Kellog Employee Model

(...) Package #3759 has a sticker on the side that says to watch for specially marked boxes of Kellogs Fruit Loops for instructions to build Toucan Sam. This pack - 3759 is a rough tote like poly tub, marked as a Limited Edition, 35 years of (...) (26 years ago, 7-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Canadian S@H (was Re: S@H / new service packs)

James Brown wrote in message ... (...) have (...) and (...) Canadian S@H really pales in comparison to it's US counterpart in terms of what they offer as well as the their knowledge base. The Mindstorms fiasco is etched in my memory (check rtl in (...) (26 years ago, 7-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mystery lighthouse model

Eric Brok wrote in message ... (...) It (...) by (...) from (...) model (...) Unfortunately, no, but you could rectify that by taking and posting some pics on your web page. Please? : ) Matthew Verdier "You can't just say you're King because some (...) (26 years ago, 6-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Some Running Thoughts about THROWBOTS

(...) Richard, Does the message you just posted to the .announce group really qualify as a "general-interest announcement to the community (breaking news about products, releases, contests, events, and sites, etc.)" ? It seems more to me like (...) (26 years ago, 6-Jan-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  S@H / new service packs

I've noticed a couple people have ordered the new packs from US S@H, and have been told backordered to February...I just tried Canadian S@H yesterday, and was told they don't exist. Has anyone else heard anything about the new service packs? I'll be (...) (26 years ago, 6-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Sme Running Thoughts about THROWBOTS

Howdy All, ...after spotting the Throwbots in the catalogue, and then coming across a post here that they were on sale at Target, I went and bought 8500 TORCH for $5.99. ( They were not in the computer here yet, but they had someone check the shelf (...) (26 years ago, 6-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mystery lighthouse model

Janet Zorn wrote in message ... (...) Well, I tried a search through Metacrawler and found this address: (URL) - it kinda matches your description. Of course, things are made complicated for Web spiders by Lego having a lighthouse in the Christmas (...) (26 years ago, 6-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Special Piece Count? 6382 Fire Station

(...) If those are the same as in Bat Lord's Castle, then I think (not certain) that I do. Take a look at (URL) to see what I'm looking for in the way of trades. (26 years ago, 6-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mystery lighthouse model

About 2 years ago now when I first got on line, I saw instructions from someone for a lighthouse MOC. I remember that it was big, red and white and slightly connical though made with mostly 2X bricks. I don't have the URL anywhere. You might try (...) (26 years ago, 6-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Special Piece Count? 6382 Fire Station

Plus the service pack, 5187 Bricks w/Groove, Garage Panels. (the bricks are red, the panels are clear, and the panel with the handle is blue) I only know of this set because I recently obtained an older Technic set (1990) from overseas and the (...) (26 years ago, 6-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Special Piece Count? 6382 Fire Station

(...) This is a list of all sets I could find, including colors (1): 1966 Car Repair Shop - Red,Clear 6369 Auto Workshop - Yellow,Yellow/Clear 6374 Holiday Home - Clear,Blue/Clear 6382 Fire Station - Grey,Clear 6383 Public Works Center - Red,Red (...) (26 years ago, 6-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Looking for mini figures

Pawel Nazarewicz wrote in message ... (...) They're probably still with you guys because they've only just been released in Europe. I'm not sure whether there'll be more for 2000 though... I like them. Their masks look like balaclavas so they make (...) (26 years ago, 6-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Mystery lighthouse model

On a flee market in the Netherlands I bought a huge model of a Lightouse. It was definitely no official LEGO model; my question is whether it was made by a hobbyist or by LEGO as a window display. It's a cylindrical structure, about 40 cm high, 20 (...) (26 years ago, 6-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Special Piece Count? 6382 Fire Station

Bram Lambrecht wrote in message <19990105.163211.509...no.com>... (...) The only other one I know of (i.e. "have") is the Police Command Base, 6386. Any chance somebody has 7 groved 1x2 red bricks? My town's fire department would finally be able to (...) (26 years ago, 6-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  No Target Clearances near me!

I was just at Target today, and looked on the Lego aisle. I didn't see anything marked clearance. There was a small Lego wild west section down the aisles a little ways that was on clearance, from $7 to $4. Also, there were few random Lego and Duplo (...) (26 years ago, 6-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Kellog Employee Model

Has any one ever heard of, or seen, a Kellog Cereal Employee model? It supposedly came out 10 yrs. ago to employee's only, and is a 12" tall model of Toucan Sam. Can anyone confirm the existance of this? (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Special Piece Count? 6382 Fire Station

(...) They've come with other fire stations and the Ice Planet Deep Freeze Defender (in white and trans-orange). I don't know of any other sets. --Bram Bram Lambrecht / o o \ BramL@juno.com ---...---oooo-----(_...o---...--- WWW: (URL) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Special Piece Count? 6382 Fire Station

I'm just glad I was an anal child (and that my anal parents kept the Legos). I had most of the garage door pieces in a little clear plastic snap shut box. The rest of the doors were in the old Lego denim bag with all the other weird pieces. Two (...) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Special Piece Count? 6382 Fire Station

I wish I had had the money at the time to get the larger sets that had garage doors, but now I can't because I believe that they have been lost in LEGO's juniorisation scheme. (...) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

Never mind... Just found the parts inventory section on lugnet.com. Turns out Lego sent me one extra garage door piece in my 6382. -- Bryan Bryan Kinkel wrote in message ... (...) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Special Piece Count? 6382 Fire Station

Having just unearthed my big collection of 80's Lego's, I'm trying to make sure I have all the pieces for roll up garage doors in the 6382 Fire Station. Looking at the instructions, it looks like I need 9 clear and 1 grey for each of the 2 roll up (...) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: more Mindstorms FAQ

ok I haven't finished reading this thread so please forgive any duplication. I would be happy to help write the implementation (for free of course) of the FAQ's giving them a uniform appearance and making them highly searchable with or without using (...) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general)

  Re: US S@H Phone Specials 1/4/99 - 1/10/99 (human friendly)

(...) I had thought the overflow/off-hours operator service had been getting better about phone specials, but recent evidence indicates they are backsliding: Kristin made the mistake of calling on the weekend about some of last week's specials. The (...) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Fake Fabuland Tree??

(...) (URL) a period, not a comma. HTH. Jasper (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: S@H Specials ...

(...) I think I'll have to try and set the follow-up to lugnet.off-topic.fun , or Larry will be on my back :) Okay, I think i just did so. wonder if it worked :) Yeah, Min had some great scenes in PoD, tho. And considering the length of PoD, that's (...) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Redesigning my site...

I'm redesigning my site. Here's a preview of the new look. I'd appreciate any feedback/comments. Thanks! (URL) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.general)

  Fake Fabuland Tree??

Here's the location of the picture that I think may be fake Fabuland. (URL) you can see, it has similar holes and the base is similar to real Fabuland. Any thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions? Although similar to Fabuland, I haven't been able to (...) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  New Ninja Sets - Some good, Some bad

I just found 3051 Blaze Attack and 3053 Emperor's Stronghold at the TRU in Allentown, PA today, and, of course, bought both. First the good, not only does 3053 have a pair of 3x3 blue low slope corners, but the bricks of the building, which I (...) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Discontinued Sets List

Probably the best place is (URL) you click on a theme it will give you the years for each sub theme. And I think that the info on the sets gives the years it was available. If you go to (URL) is a quick note on each theme and subtheme. You get some (...) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Postage Rate Increase

(...) I'm not looking forward to getting new $3.20 Priority-Mail stamps! :-( But one thing that's neat is that even though the basic rate for a 1-oz. letter is going up from $.32 to $.33, the additional ounces are actually going down from $.23 to (...) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: US S@H Phone Specials 1/4/99 - 1/10/99 (human friendly)

Someone posted this on RTL. I can check on its validity tomorrow, but given the general attitude of disinterest I received when I called today, I'm not surprised I was given an incorrect price and wasn't told about the Technic set. Even though I (...) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 1999 Dutch Catalogue Online

(...) How about the other pages? Presumably Duplo etc, some of us are also parents! Matt (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Black Roof Bricks and Green Bricks

(...) Oh dear! I liked the 4-digit system because it sounds professional, I've seen other products with 5-digit numbers and it looks terrible, think about your Star Wars set with 710350 in the corner - it would look terrible. My other hobby, slot (...) (26 years ago, 3-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Black Roof Bricks and Green Bricks

(...) Not in my case, the European numbering scheme was very similar. For example: Space was in the 800 and 900's and so turned into 6800's and 6900's. Town was in the 300's = 6300's They were the only themes to really use the 3-digit system, I know (...) (26 years ago, 3-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: US S@H Phone Specials 1/4/99 - 1/10/99 (human friendly)

(...) Patience, grasshopper. We've had two weeks of specials now, with at least 30+ to go. And someone reported that there actually *was* a technic set on special last week that I wan't told about. I did specifically ask this week, though, "ok, is (...) (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: US S@H Phone Specials 1/4/99 - 1/10/99 (human friendly)

Maybe TLG expects Mindstorms to increase Technic sales. It's sure irritating, though, since now that Mindstorms has arrived, I need lots more Technic. -John Van Alex Wetmore wrote in message <915468364.474780@phred.org>... (...) (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Discontinued Sets List

Hi folks, I'm new here and could use your help. I'm looking for a list of the lego sets through out the years. With info on the year they came out and the year they were discontinued. Is this possible? I'll try to check this site. Also please email (...) (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: US S@H Phone Specials 1/4/99 - 1/10/99 (human friendly)

(...) The specials vary. There are weeks when there simply are no technic specials, just like there are weeks where there are no Castle or Space specials. Technic people usually make out like bandits a very few times each year, but mostly do without (...) (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

It might be that they have sold off most of the discontinued (or still current but older, or not hot-selling) Technic in last years specials. Alex Wetmore <alex@phred.org> wrote in message 915468364.474780@phred.org... (...) (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: US S@H Phone Specials 1/4/99 - 1/10/99 (human friendly)

Anyone know why there aren't any Technic sets in the S@H specials these days? alex Mike Stanley wrote in message ... (...) (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Target Clearance

(...) The LEGO aisle in that store really could be best described as 'frightening'. Maybe 'post-bomb strike'. It was really a mess. The worst part (for those of us who arrived late) was trying to figure out *which* sets were on clearance. I did pick (...) (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Looking for mini figures

(...) Does (...) I like Ninja, I just wish they'd make it a separate theme and return with real Castle sets. Jeff (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: S@H Specials ...

(...) That's because Min is cooler than the rest. ;) I just wish RJ would give her more scenes. Jeff (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  US S@H Phone Specials 1/4/99 - 1/10/99 (human friendly)

Item Name Original Price Sale Price Duplo/Freestyle 4162 6+ Building Set $27.50 $13.75 System 6104 Aquacessories $6.75 $3.75 4012 Wave Cops $22.00 $11.00 6829 Radon Rover $6.75 $4.00 2151 Robo Raider $13.25 $7.00 6037 Witch's Windship $8.75 $4.50 (...) (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general)

  Re: 1999 Dutch Catalogue Online

Dave Jost wrote in message ... (...) Don't take the words in the Dutch catalog too literal. It says 'metal parts' where it probably means 'metallic parts' and 'hydraulic' just means 'kinda like hydraulics'. Eric (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Proper place to post US S@H Phone Specials

[Crossposted to lugnet.admin.general & lugnet.general, with followups set to lugnet.admin.general] (...) Mike, Suzanne just cautioned me that I might be taking a too-hasty approach here. So for tomorrow morning, just post wherever you think is (...) (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

  Stickers and Stuff...

Is there a place or a web page that has scans of sticker sheets and stickers from various Lego sets? I've been rebuilding a bunch of old sets, and I am missing the stickers. Stickers from sets such as #6543, #6350 (Pizzeria), and more. If you know (...) (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Fabuland Figures and Trees

(...) I hope you have seen my page about Fabuland too. ( (URL) ) It contains a list of contents of most of the Fabuland sets. I still have to work out the bigger sets and I'm working on a list of figures. The tree you mentioned doesn't seem familiar (...) (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Target Clearance

(...) Agreed that ZB are awesome. I have talked to ZB folks at a number of stores and let me tell you, TRU could stand to learn some hiring tips from ZB, I have always had a most pleasant experience talking to them, even if they had bad news for me. (...) (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Target Clearance

(...) BTW this was at that awesome store, Zainy Brainy. Great service and shipping to anywhere. Barry (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Target Clearance

(...) All I got the last couple of days, and I have been to a number of Targets waiting for the next round of reductions, was a lonely 8222 technic VTOL for $3.50. Most Targets are cleaned out, but some have a ton of stuff to move soon if they (...) (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Target Clearance

Mike Stanley wrote: <lots of target stuff yet> Must be nice. I am stuck in GR because of snow, I don't get to CO till Tuesday, and the Target on 28th seems to have returned what little Lego they have back to full price. However Barry McFarland (...) (26 years ago, 3-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Target Clearance

(...) Awesome deal! I'm still hoping the few remaining 2153's I've seen stay long enough to drop again. I've picked up a couple at $17.90, but even though I like the parts in it and know I can sell those I don't want for a decent bit, I'd prefer to (...) (26 years ago, 3-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: S@H Specials ...

(...) Ahhh..... So what do you mean you should have bet me? I'm not yours to bet, you know :) Jasper (26 years ago, 3-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Target Clearance

I made the rounds of the local Targets today. Things were still at 40% off, and I picked up the last Flying Ninja's Fortress (6093) and Chief's Tepee (6746) since I don't have either set yet & they're worth the price. While scanning almost (...) (26 years ago, 3-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Two new Technic sets - Mini review

(...) Well.... Lots. Somehow I can't get all that excited over, say, 2140, because that's the only one of small modern sets that springs to mind, for reasons off-topic to this group ( :-0) ), While things like 8880 and 5571 make me go: Wow! :) (...) (26 years ago, 3-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: S@H Specials ...

Jasper Janssen wrote in message <368f395c.61747183@l...et.com>... (...) <368D2074.B67DCC08@c...AM.com>... (...) Not you, Larry. I am getting to the point I can set my watch by how many off topic posts it takes Larry tell people to move the thread (...) (26 years ago, 3-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Two new Technic sets - Mini review

5571?..How many times do you want me to say "what a set, huh?"?..:-D Selçuk (...) (26 years ago, 3-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Fabuland Figures and Trees

(...) oops, sorry, I should have also said that we had spent the week looking at pause and a number of other sites looking for information :-) Unless there are other sets that aren't listed, I've got a bunch of cannibalised figures! (...) anyone (...) (26 years ago, 3-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: S@H Specials ...

(...) What? I'm getting a reputation! Help! :) Jasper (26 years ago, 3-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: S@H Specials ...

(...) Well... Any of them would do. I believe Egwene, Elayne, Moiraine, and even Aviendha are prone to occasional fitsof these. Don't think Min is, tho. Jasper - Who is urgently waiting for book 9 :) (26 years ago, 3-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Two new Technic sets - Mini review

(...) Yeah.... I didn't figure it would be _that_ large. 48 cm hadn't really sunk in yet, I guess :) Now for the 5571 and a flatbed trailer for it to sit on :) Jasper (26 years ago, 3-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Instructions/catalogs 1968-1973

also, please rotate each page to the correct orientation (using your graphics program). KL (...) (26 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Instructions/catalogs 1968-1973

Actually, the ideal resolution for instructions is 75dpi, the ideal resolution for catalogs is 150dpi. Save them in jpeg format (at least 75% quality if you have that option) and *please* use the naming convention xxxx-yy.jpg (0360-04.jpg for (...) (26 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: S@H Specials ...

(...) You mean Path of Daggers? It did come out in October (maybe November, I'm not sure). I ordered a copy from Amazon then got tired of it not showing up (it was part of a larger order with a friend and her book wasn't in yet) so I picked up a (...) (26 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Black Roof Bricks and Green Bricks

(...) They will be moving to 6 digits within a year or two. Grahame (26 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: S@H Specials ...

Mike Stanley wrote in message ... (...) Whens the new one supposed to come out?? I thought it was supposed to be done by the October but I havn't seen it at borders or Barnes and Noble (...) Matt Marshall $%#$% Vacuum Cleaners Always get my (...) (26 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  [FAQ] Post vs. mail, claimed topics

(...) I would never sign up to coordinate the whole thing, but can see doing some contributing. I suspect several others feel the same way I will try my hand at a few Q and As today but would rather post them in lugnet.faq than send them. Posting (...) (26 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.general)

  Re: Two new Technic sets - Mini review

What a set, huh? Selçuk (...) (26 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: more Mindstorms FAQ

Also sprach Kekoa Proudfoot: : Then again, this is my opinion, and since I do not plan to directly : contribute to the FAQ, maybe I should have no say in this. Opinions are welcome. The best place to post them is the newly-created lugnet.faq group. (...) (26 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general)

  Re: Black Roof Bricks and Green Bricks

Also sprach Larry Pieniazek: : TLG needs to start over with a 5 digit scheme and give a little thought : to categorization. IMNSHO. I've heard that the 5-digit scheme is coming. I agree that the numbering scheme is in need of some work. Certainly (...) (26 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: more Mindstorms FAQ

Also sprach Todd Lehman: : Anyone interested in collaborating on a Mindstorms FAQ (or any LEGO-oriented : FAQ) may want to get in touch with Jeff Thompson <jthompson@teubner.com> and : Jim Baker <beaker@havoc.gtf.org>, who, among others, are (...) (26 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general)

  OK, here we go ...

I had been holding off on doing a lot of work until I got a consensus that this was worth doing, especially since Tom seems unwilling to relinquish control of the RTL faq. But it seems that a lot of people are interested in seeing alugnet faq, and (...) (26 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.general)

  Re: Black Roof Bricks and Green Bricks

(...) So renumber those. TLG needs to start over with a 5 digit scheme and give a little thought to categorization. IMNSHO. (26 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact