 FAQ / 5
4  |  6
Subject:
[FAQ] Post vs. mail, claimed topics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 04:15:51 GMT

Beaker wrote:

I had been holding off on doing a lot of work until I got a consensus
that this was worth doing, especially since Tom seems unwilling to
relinquish control of the RTL faq.  But it seems that a lot of people
are interested in seeing alugnet faq, and Jeff Thompson and I have
expressed interest in collaborating on it.

Right.  <cracks knuckkles>

OK, Jeff, I'll be sending you an email this weekend.  It may be
optimistic, but I'd like to see a new faq published by March, and I'll
try my damnedest to get one out by then.  Once it's written, maintenece
should be easy by comparison.

Todd, thank you for creating the lugnet.faq group.  I will be reading it
regularly and saving suggestions submitted there.  I will also accept
suggestions to beaker@pobox.com.  Please place the words LEGO FAQ in the
subject line.

I would never sign up to coordinate the whole thing, but can see doing
some contributing. I suspect several others feel the same way

I will try my hand at a few Q and As today but would rather post them in
lugnet.faq than send them. Posting has the advantage of everyone knowing
that something is underway.

Here are the topics I lay claim to:

Dacta, what is it?
Who is eligible for Dacta purchases (in the US no one, I need help
internationally)
Does Dacta Sell Direct? (Not in the US any more)
How do the Dacta Lines divide? (Early childhood, technical/mechanical)
Who are the US distributors of the early childhood lines? (Kaplan, US
Toys, etc. and pointer to lego.dacta URL and other useful URLs and phone
numbers)
Who are the distributors of the rest (Pitsco, info on special
arrangment, pointer to # and URL)
What can people do elsewhere?
What is the function of the Glen Tannenbaum unit? ;-)

Comments and expansions welcomed via post.
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.