 General / 1872
Re: Mystery lighthouse model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 23:34:07 GMT

Eric Brok wrote in message ...
On a flee market in the Netherlands I bought a huge model of a Lightouse. • It
was definitely no official LEGO model; my question is whether it was made • by
a hobbyist or by LEGO as a window display.

It's a cylindrical structure, about 40 cm high, 20 cm wide, white/red
striped body, grey balcony, LOTS of transparant bricks to make up the glass
house, grey sloped roof. Inside is a working and rotating light fixture,
using a 220 V regular light bulb, a screen made from a tin can, and a 220 V
motor. The bricks are all glued together, except the top can be removed to
inspect the inner workings. From the heat, the bricks are partly melted • from
inside.

From the dust and the types of pieces (very basic) I would expect this • model
to be about 20 years old. It seems there should have been a lower section,
which is now missing, to put the lighthouse tower on.

Has anyone seen such a model before?

Unfortunately, no, but you could rectify that by taking and posting some
pics on your web page.

Please?  : )

Matthew Verdier

"You can't just say you're King because some watery tart threw a sword at
you"
Dennis, 700 AD

http://www.GeoCities.com/CapeCanaveral/2738/mjvlego.html