 General / 1862
1861  |  1863
Subject:
Mystery lighthouse model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 08:47:04 GMT

On a flee market in the Netherlands I bought a huge model of a Lightouse. It
was definitely no official LEGO model; my question is whether it was made by
a hobbyist or by LEGO as a window display.

It's a cylindrical structure, about 40 cm high, 20 cm wide, white/red
striped body, grey balcony, LOTS of transparant bricks to make up the glass
house, grey sloped roof. Inside is a working and rotating light fixture,
using a 220 V regular light bulb, a screen made from a tin can, and a 220 V
motor. The bricks are all glued together, except the top can be removed to
inspect the inner workings. From the heat, the bricks are partly melted from
inside.

From the dust and the types of pieces (very basic) I would expect this model
to be about 20 years old. It seems there should have been a lower section,
which is now missing, to put the lighthouse tower on.

Has anyone seen such a model before?

Eric Brok