 General / 1841
Re: Black Roof Bricks and Green Bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 3 Jan 1999 18:24:59 GMT

Beaker wrote:
Certainly there is precedent
for it, since the 3-digit scheme was completely scrapped in 1980 and the
4-digit scheme bore no resemblance to previous numbering conventions.

Not in my case, the European numbering scheme was very similar.
For example:
Space was in the 800 and 900's and so turned into 6800's and 6900's.
Town was in the 300's = 6300's

They were the only themes to really use the 3-digit system, I know the
US numbers don't follow at all.

However, I wouldn't count on it, since a coherent numbering system
probably matters to us more than it does to TLG.

Carbon 60