 General / 1824
Re: Target Clearance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 00:36:31 GMT

Larry Pieniazek writes:
Mike Stanley wrote:
<lots of target stuff yet>

Must be nice. I am stuck in GR because of snow, I don't get to CO till
Tuesday, and the Target on 28th seems to have returned what little Lego
they have back to full price. However Barry McFarland hooked me up with
two new 4559s so I built an SW-xxxx
(dunno if it's a 1, an 9 or a 1500 yet, but it sure looks like an SW)
more or less in Chicago Northwestern colors (Yellow and green)

All I got the last couple of days, and I have been to a number of Targets
waiting for the next round of reductions, was a lonely 8222 technic VTOL for
$3.50.  Most Targets are cleaned out, but some have a ton of stuff to move soon
if they intend to compress their shelf space back to normal any time soon.

Oh, I forgot, scored another Moonwalker at Super Kmart.  They're usually good
for a couple of discontinued sets.  Their prices however are not good (about
10% higher than everywhere else).

By far the best score was an 8480, yes the Technic space shuttle for $79.99!!
Yes! losts of white beams.

Barry