 General / 1852
Re: US S@H Phone Specials 1/4/99 - 1/10/99 (human friendly)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 13:31:09 GMT

On Tue, 5 Jan 1999 01:44:59 GMT, cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley)
wrote:

Someone posted this on RTL.  I can check on its validity tomorrow, but
given the general attitude of disinterest I received when I called
today, I'm not surprised I was given an incorrect price and wasn't
told about the Technic set.

I had thought the overflow/off-hours operator service had been getting
better about phone specials, but recent evidence indicates they are
backsliding:

Kristin made the mistake of calling on the weekend about some of last
week's specials.  The off-hours service told her the sets she was trying
to order were discontinued.  She called again yesterday (Monday)
morning.  She must have gotten the overflow service again, because they
claimed that the phone specials weren't going to be starting again "for
several weeks".  Now, Kristin is not shy, and she typically gets through
any BS put out by phone-service personnel who happen to be somewhat lazy
about helping the customer, but these people could not be swayed.  They
had their story, and they were sticking with it.  So were their
supervisors.  It was all very strange.

Finally, she called Consumer Affairs and had them transfer her to the
*real* S@H people.

Steve