 General / 1853
Re: more Mindstorms FAQ
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 15:11:00 GMT

ok I haven't finished reading this thread so please forgive any duplication.
I would be happy to help write the implementation (for free of course) of the
FAQ's giving them a uniform appearance and making them highly searchable with or
without using a database format. I have recently been working on a web page
design using Javascript to store a database in a specialized javascript objects
making it immenently searchable and making it easy to use 1 page for all FAQs
while keeping them visibly unique. I would love the opportunity to test it out.

Kekoa Proudfoot wrote:

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
Anyone interested in collaborating on a Mindstorms FAQ (or any LEGO-oriented
FAQ) may want to get in touch with Jeff Thompson <jthompson@teubner.com> and
Jim Baker <beaker@havoc.gtf.org>, who, among others, are beginning to
organize a new, all-encompassing online LEGO FAQ to replace the old RTL FAQ.

I would be against a single, all-encompassing FAQ, since I would like to be
able to access a single document that is the Mindstorms FAQ.

I'm not against a database of questions from separate FAQs, however, or the
sharing of questions between FAQs.  If the database is the all-encompassing
online FAQ, which exists alongside the Mindstorms FAQ, I'm happy with that.
If a single, separate Mindstorms FAQ can somehow be easily extracted from a
single all-encompassing database, I'm happy with that too.  But I do not
want to navigate or search various parts of a global FAQ to get to and/or
find Mindstorms stuff.

I don't know if this is what you or others were thinking of.

Then again, this is my opinion, and since I do not plan to directly
contribute to the FAQ, maybe I should have no say in this.

-Kekoa

--
Technical Support requests should be sent to support@opendisc.com
Joe Greene