 Robotics / 2082
Re: more Mindstorms FAQ
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 1 Jan 1999 17:45:31 GMT

Kerry Garrison schrieb in Nachricht
<000401be356e$8b6ffec0$44cdb2cc@mordo>...
Here is an outline I have been working on for a mindStorms FAQ. If you have
any additions, comments, suggestions, or answers to any of the questions,
please forward them to me and I will put it all together.
-Kerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ • ~
MindStorms FAQ
v0.0.1 Compiled by Kerry Garrison (kerryg@deltanet.com)
http://users.deltanet.com/~garrison/mindstormsfaq.html

Section 1 - About MindStorms
     What is LEGO MindStorms
     What is the difference between MindStorms and CyberMaster
     What comes with the MindStorms Kit
     Where did the MindStorms idea come from
     What expansion kits or add-ons are available
     Can I use other LEGO parts with MindStorms

Section 2 - Building with MindStorms
     What can you make with the MindStorms kit
     What have other people built with the MindStorms kit
     How do I use the touch sensor
     How do I use the light sensor
     Are there other sensors available
     Can I make my own sensors
     How do I build a steering system
     What other kits are recommened to use with MindStorms

Section 3 - Programming the Brick
     How do I program the brick
     Where do I learn about the RIS software
     Can I use other programming tools
     What other tools are available
     What is Spirit.ocx
     Can I use Visual Basic
     Can I use C++
     Can I use other languages
     How big of a program can I write
     How sophisticated of a program can I write
     Can I make two or more bricks talk to each other
     Can I make the brick send data back to the PC in real time
     Can I use the IR port on my laptop
     Can I use the IR port on my Palm Pilot
     Can I use learnable remote controllers

Section 4 - Advanced
     What is inside the brick
     How do I use more than three sensors
     How do I make a temperature sensor
     How do I make a rotation counter
     How do I make a sound sensor

Section 5 - Other Resources

        Cybermaster

Don´t forget us  Cybermaster users outside UK and USA, as there are slight
diferences between Mindstorms and Cybermaster. We cannot buy a mindstorms
kit at every corner. (Mail order is expensive, if I think on shipping,
customs and Import VAT, the price will go up to 150%)

Joerg