 Events / BricksWest / 328
Re: A BricksWest Critique?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 21:08:34 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickswest, Todd Thuma writes:
BricksWest Attendees,

On the eve of the BrickFest 2002 gathering, I would like to have input from
those that attended BricksWest 2002 gathering their opinions and critique of
the event in the hopes that additions and changes and ideas can be taken and
noticed at BrickFest and brought to BricksWest 2003.

I would like any and all opinions to be posted here. Positive and Negative
critiques are welcome as well as ideas and suggestions for what to add and
subtract for next year.

Is the weekend, the 2nd weekend of February a good weekend for all? We talked
at BricksWest about doing it more in the park and more closely associated with
LEGO Direct, LEGO Retail, or Legoland.

Please take time out of your busy building and working schedules to reflect on
this and contribute some small piece that will make a west coast gather of LEGO
Fans valuable and rewarding.

For those that did not attend last year, but wanted to or did not know about it
but might consider it for next year, what would you like to see happen at the
BricksWest convention? Where would you like it held. How long would you like it
to take place.

It's not to early to start planning this and we should get started right after
BrickFest 2002. After all, it will only be 6 months away.

Todd

Officially breaking silence:
I wanna go!
Last Brickwest, I was in the area (Carlsbad) but unable to get to it.  I
even had my lates MOC in the trunk of my car just in case!!!  Are we making
out a list of who is going, who lives in the area or who might want to make
a potao salad?  I live in SoCal (Cucamonga to be precise), so I would not
mind doing a little to help out.  I don't really know the people in the know
or organisers of Brickwest, so I am replying here with the hope that "yous
guys" will let me know what I can do to stick my head out.  2nd week of Feb
is almost my big 3-0 B-day and I am selling a TON of STAR WARS toys of eBay,
so my wife might let me out to play that weekend :0)  LEGOLAND is a great
place to hold the event, and the weather in Feb might be balmy.

Todd, Matt, anybody else, email me if I can help with any of the phone calls
or planning, then I'll try to make sure I am available.  Thanks for starting
the ball rolling, now lets whack it home!

Crispy, blackened and with a little stuffing,
-Aaron-