 Events / BricksWest / 358
Re: A BricksWest Critique?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 20:07:06 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickswest, Todd Thuma writes:
<snip>

I have been afraid of this last statement.

lol! I was not trying to put you on the spot or anything, I am glad you did
not take it that way, whew! ;)

<snip>

I question though why you think Matthew should "automatically" (not your word)
be in charge if he wants to be. Nothing, and I mean nothing, against Matthew
but this event called BricksWest is about the AFOLs and hopefully CFOLs. It
should be run by fans, as many fans as want to participate. It should be >headed
by one individual, true, but not necessarily the same individual from year to
year. Matthew should play a role in it this year and ever year he wants to be
involved. Anybody that wants to be involved should play a role,too.

Yes, I agree. But I think Matt should have the first chance to take it, or
turn it down simply because he has worked with the people before, and would
carryover a working knowledge of what to do (and more importantly, what not
to do). But by all means, he should have a team, committie or whatever there
to support him. Every team, committie or whatever needs a leader to actually
acomplish somehting and that is the role that I think Matt should play (as
long as he wants to). Now if LUGOLA or SCLTC get a more and deeper working
in it (they would be BW's version of Wamalug for example) then I am all for
it. You do not have ot sell me on this idea, as it is a good one - but a
head person is needed IMHO, whoever it is.

We should have an opening ceremony where he is carried in on a chair made of
bricks wearing a crown of bricks and carrying a royal staff created of bricks
(any body interested in creating these).

LOL! That would be classic! But we would need some Duplo and LOTS of cameras!

For being the originator he should
always be held in high regard and special esteem, but should he always be in
charge? That is truely a question and is not rhetorical. I welcome anybody's
opinion on this as I have not answered the question myself satisfactorily yet.

I think another reason for this is so we can have a person to have people
contact. I think saying 'Go talk to that person' is better than 'Go talk to
somebody in that group over there'. And having one person year after year
would provide stability unlike a revolving door (or in this case - seat).
And even if you had a group run it, the makeup of that group would (could?)
change lessening the stability of the group (IMHO). (and this also goes to
the snippage that was below)

Mark
http://www.landofbricks.com