 Events / BricksWest / 324
Re: A BricksWest Critique?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 19:18:06 GMT

One suggestion I have for next year is that I would like to have some "alone"
time in the park just for BricksWest attendees. This can be done in the form of
a dinner or heavy ordeuvers (whatever!) near mini-land and maybe some cocktails
(mocktails for the kiddies). This might include some limited ride time on a
ride or two. I was thinking that we could do this just as the park is closing
or just prior to the park opening. We could work around the maintenance and
cleaning schedule. We might be able to use one of the theatres, supervised of
course, for the Brad Justus Talk or some door prize presentation.

The other major thing I would like to suggest is that we offer seminars in
areas to educate and motivate "outsiders". Obvious stuff include Mindstorms,
Sbybots, and Studios/Animations, but we could also offer train building, track
layout, model making, sculpture and other such seminars. I thing this is where
we could ask Lego for support and funding since it would be an obvious way to
bring children into the park. I would also love to find out what type of school
and educational programs they offer, because we could bring school children
into the park on Friday and learn about science and engineering through the
LEGO Brick.

just 2 ideas...

Todd