 Events / BricksWest / 320
Re: committee
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 18:32:44 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickswest, Paul Hartzog writes:
In lugnet.events.brickswest, Tim Courtney writes:

3.  I believe that the community should be involved in planning the event
instead of an individual so that everyone knows what's going on.

From experience, making decisions by committee is a way _not_ to get things
done.

-Tim

the standard business practise for these sorts of things is
to open the issue to input from the community until a certain
deadline is reached.  the input is assessed and someone or
a few someones (a team) is delegated to handle the event.
(teams can get things done, all committees can do is talk)

my 2 cents

-paul

Paul,

Great suggestion! I submit to the community that this is the call for input
from the entire community. I suggest a date of September 1, 2002 as the end for
community input. At that point those interested in planning an event or being
part of the organizing committee will be known and will begin planning based
upon suggestions of the community. I further submit for the community to
accept, that a rough ouline of events and parameters be presented to the
community by late October.

I welcome changes or suggestions to these proposals.

Todd