 Events / BricksWest / 356
Re: A BricksWest Critique?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 18:43:46 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickswest, Paul Hanson writes:
I did not attend BricksWest last year - mainly because it was held in
southern CA. I live in the SF Bay area, and traveling down there would have
required a considerable investment in time and $$. For the same reasons, I
won't attend BF'03 if it's held in the same place.

I know it makes a lot of sense to hold it down there - that's where the park
is, there's a healthy population of AFOL's there, and that's where the
organizers live (I think). Still, those of us who live in other areas might
like to see it move closer to us. Are other locations (the Bay area or the
Northwest, for example) even being considered?

- Paul

What about those of us who traveled half-way across the country to visit
BricksWest?  Care to guess how much time and $$ it cost us?  *Several*
people from the Bay Area drove down to Carlsbad.  How about setting up a car
pool for next year?

No matter where an even it held, someone is going to have to travel.  Having
a LEGO fan fest near a LEGOLAND park just seems like good sense to me...

JohnG, GMLTC