 Events / BricksWest / 333
Re: A BricksWest Critique?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 00:23:49 GMT

(Todd...thanks for starting the ball rolling on this. I was going to wait
until BF02 was over before starting discussions, so as to not steal any
thunder as it were, but since folks are responding, we may as well move
forward anyway. BTW, I did see the pics...thought I had mailed you back on
that...sorry if I didn't!)

OK, well I'm seeing some good, some bad, some neutral here. That's to be
expected I suppose. Let me say thanks to the defenders, sorry to the
attackers, and this to the whole: There WILL be a BW03...make no mistake
about it.

Unfortunately, I'm extremely busy right now with a new business venture, a
magazine, the first issue of which goes to press tomorrow. What does that
mean to this discussion? That I really don't have time to start responding
to the previous messages one-by-one right now.

I'll offer this: I'm willing to begin talks on BW03 *AFTER* BF02 is over. If
you all want to continue brainstorming here or what have you, more power to you.

However, any actual talk about planning and such should move to a private
environment ASAP...and before anyone gets bent out of shape over this move,
let me remind you that not only does private talk allow for less peripheral
noise (from folks with no vested interest in the event, hangers-on, wags,
people who won't attend but like to make their voices heard, etc.), but it
allows ideas to be bandied about with less chance of 1) disappointment that
an idea doesn't come to fruition (DVD idea), or 2) having fun secrets and
surprises revealed early, or 3) protects the interests of certain parties
who may want to keep certain items private (finances,
copyrightable/trademarkable/patentable ideas, contacts, etc.).

I'll try to post more over the weekend, and respond to the previous posts then.

Thanks!

Matt