 Events / BricksWest / 367
Re: A BricksWest Critique?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 06:15:43 GMT

Frank,

So that we are all on the same page about which layout you are referring to,
the Southern California Lego Train Club (SCLTC) had the huge train display
up in the Pavilion during BricksWest 2002.  The Pavilion also had on display
a variety of other Lego MOCs that came from the PNLTC, LUGOLA, BayLUG,
BayLTC and countless other groups and individuals.

The PNLTC layout that you are probably referring to was displayed in the
LEGOLAND Pavilion during a "Club Weekend" in August 2001.

Ray
SCLTC

----------------
In lugnet.events.brickswest, Frank Filz writes:
Todd Thuma wrote:
I must admit, not yet being a full throttle train fanatic I must have missed
something at BW02. Why does it have to be one club organizing the train stuff at BW03. Wouldn't it be great if we could get 4 or 5 clubs together and fill a whole tent by itself for 2 or 3 days? What about going for a world's record in Guiness? It would certainly prompt Lego to get involved if just such an effort was planned to be big.

I absolutely agree that the train layout should be more than one club.
The tent probably isn't big enough to set a world record for length of
track though (PNLTC set a record a couple years ago in a much bigger
space). It might be possible to set a record for size of complete layout
with scenery, though that would mean that would be all that's in the
tent (since PNLTC did a pretty good job of filling the tent with train
layout last year). We might have to work really hard to beat the record
on number of bricks used in a LEGO train layout (the GMLTC layout uses
quite a few more bricks per square foot than any other LEGO train
layout).

Frank