 Events / BricksWest / 315
Re: A BricksWest Critique?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 16:40:06 GMT

Thanks to Todd for setting this up so that we can assure that next year will
be the best BricksWest ever [well, at least better than this year anyways :)]

Although I have some very strong feelings about how the event was run, I'll
stick to my basic critiques in this thread.

Positives:
1.  The Animation Festival was run very well.  I was happy to see this since
this is the biggest reason why I attended.

2.  The tent inside Legoland was done well.  It was small, but I got to meet
a bunch of people and discuss websites [I run http://www.coolbrickmovies.com].

Negatives:
1.  The event on a whole wasn't run very well.  I was only there on Sunday,
and yet two things were cancelled [the Luau and the buffet].

2.  Some false promises were made to me concerning the event.  This really
discouraged me.  The only thing that really went to plan was the Animation
Festival.

2.  I hope that the event is run by a different person, and preferably by a
non-profit organization.

3.  I believe that the community should be involved in planning the event
instead of an individual so that everyone knows what's going on.

I hope to see you all at BricksWest next year!

-Seth Rotkin
BrickMaster of Cool Brick Movies
http://www.coolbrickmovies.com