 Events / BricksWest / 380
RE: A BricksWest Critique?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 03:33:22 GMT

Hello,

I was wondering if anything has come out of this conversation.

Is there an organization group for 2003 version of Brick West??

Is Matthew going to run it? (Fine with me)

I remember Matthew saying he was going to write something back late in
July.

Any trip to Southern California automatically becomes a family vacation
therefore holding at Lego Land is fine with me.

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com] On Behalf
Of mfuss903
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 1:07 PM
To: lugnet.events.brickswest@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: A BricksWest Critique?

In lugnet.events.brickswest, Todd Thuma writes:
<snip>

I have been afraid of this last statement.

lol! I was not trying to put you on the spot or anything, I am glad you
did
not take it that way, whew! ;)

<snip>

I question though why you think Matthew should "automatically" (not • your word)
be in charge if he wants to be. Nothing, and I mean nothing, against • Matthew
but this event called BricksWest is about the AFOLs and hopefully • CFOLs. It
should be run by fans, as many fans as want to participate. It should • be >headed
by one individual, true, but not necessarily the same individual from • year to
year. Matthew should play a role in it this year and ever year he wants • to be
involved. Anybody that wants to be involved should play a role,too.

Yes, I agree. But I think Matt should have the first chance to take it,
or
turn it down simply because he has worked with the people before, and
would
carryover a working knowledge of what to do (and more importantly, what
not
to do). But by all means, he should have a team, committie or whatever
there
to support him. Every team, committie or whatever needs a leader to
actually
acomplish somehting and that is the role that I think Matt should play
(as
long as he wants to). Now if LUGOLA or SCLTC get a more and deeper
working
in it (they would be BW's version of Wamalug for example) then I am all
for
it. You do not have ot sell me on this idea, as it is a good one - but a
head person is needed IMHO, whoever it is.

We should have an opening ceremony where he is carried in on a chair • made of
bricks wearing a crown of bricks and carrying a royal staff created of • bricks
(any body interested in creating these).

LOL! That would be classic! But we would need some Duplo and LOTS of
cameras!

For being the originator he should
always be held in high regard and special esteem, but should he always • be in
charge? That is truely a question and is not rhetorical. I welcome • anybody's
opinion on this as I have not answered the question myself
satisfactorily yet.

I think another reason for this is so we can have a person to have
people
contact. I think saying 'Go talk to that person' is better than 'Go talk
somebody in that group over there'. And having one person year after
year
would provide stability unlike a revolving door (or in this case -
seat).
And even if you had a group run it, the makeup of that group would
(could?)
change lessening the stability of the group (IMHO). (and this also goes
the snippage that was below)

Mark
http://www.landofbricks.com