 Dear LEGO / 999
Re: Enough already
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 02:18:50 GMT

D. Jezek <danjezek@REMOVEaloha.net> wrote:
In lugnet.dear-lego, Ben Roller writes:
In lugnet.dear-lego, Dan Jezek writes:
I thought shipping was free on all items?

Well, technically it is.  But, S@H charges 10% more than retail, so most of us
just consider that 10% a shipping cost.

Depending on location.  Here in Hawaii, retail costs are about 10% more than
S&H prices.  For example, the super street sensation is $149.99 here at TRU.
When the 6090 royal knight's castle first came out, it was $159.99.  So it
actually comes cheaper to order from S&H here than to go buy it at a store
even with the shipping costs.

Then it shouldn't bother you, although I pity you those prices.

It does bother me, though.  Most companies cut you a break on price
when you order large quantities.  Given the "built-in" nature of
shipping costs at S@H, it only makes logical sense that they would
also.  Maybe the reason they don't, or haven't thought about doing
it before, is that it is still fairly unusual for someone to call up
and order 30, 50, 150, or more of something.  I know the last time I
ordered more than 50 of something it seemed to shock the lady on the
phone..

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/