 Dear LEGO / 971
Re: Enough already
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 19:09:09 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:

I'm probably in the minority here, but guess what?  I don't care.  I
think what Kevin has done with Brickshelf.com is AWESOME.  Utterly
and completely AWESOME.  I applaud his effort 100%.  But you know
what?  For all the scans I've browsed through and even considering I
ran wget once to grab the whole site, I don't need them.  Don't need
them at all.  You might.  Todd might.  Most people may think they
need them.  But if TLC stomped brickshelf out of existence today it
wouldn't really *hurt* me.  Inconvenience me from time to time,
perhaps, but not much.

Just stepping in to point out that the scans are invaluable to me and I
would be impacted by not having them around. At least, I *would* be if I
got off my duff and started turning the 200+ pounds of used, unsorted
LEGO back into sets again. I really need to, I have some doozies in that
pile too, like at least 1 airport shuttle, a whole bunch of not much
newer than 375 castles and some very classic grey space stuff.

In general, I think we all need to heed each other's calls for civility,
though...