 Dear LEGO / 1003
Re: Enough already
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 03:28:49 GMT

Let's just say that I don't want to be told my access privileges
here are revoked if I happen to post a link to a picture that, for
whatever reason, wasn't linked to on www.lego.com.  That's just one
minor thing I could see happening if the "we'd like it if you do
things this way" requests of TLC become automatic word of law around
here.  Which I don't see happening, btw.

Exactly.

There is no bizarre devotion to TLC, but to its product.  I think the • thinking
is that ingratiating oneself to the company is a better way to be • acknowledged
by them rather than ranting and complaining.

I don't need to ingratiate myself to anyone, let alone a company
whose products I buy to the tune of 100x the rate of it's normal
market, but you can if you wish.

But I get your point.  I'd just say that, up till now, NOTHING has
worked - not even "hey, we'd offer to pay you whatever you want for
a run of these parts - literally, whatever you want."  Ignoring
those kinds of statements showed, to me, more than an ounce of
arrogance.

Agreed, although I suppose my stance is more militaristic than most.