 Dear LEGO / 998
Re: Enough already
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 02:16:20 GMT

D. Jezek <danjezek@REMOVEaloha.net> wrote:
In lugnet.dear-lego, Mike Stanley writes:

Lego the company has, for the most part, ignored what could be its
most vocal and one of its most useful FREE marketing tools/groups
for years.  Through silence, denials, and in the case of some,
downright rudeness and arrogance, it has done nothing but blow us
off.  Don't believe me?  Call up S@H sometime and try this little
experiment:

You: Hey, I'd like to order 50 copies of this service pack - think
you can cut me some slack on the built-in shipping on that?  After
all, you're only having to send them in one box and pay one postage
rate, whereas if 50 people call and order them you have to use 50
boxes and pay postage 50 times.

Them: No.

I thought shipping was free on all items?

Well, nothing is "free".  I prefer to think of the shipping as
"built-in" which is what it is, really.

I guarantee you it costs them FAR less to ship out 20 copies of a
service pack in one box to one address than it costs them to ship 20
copies in 20 boxes to 20 addresses.  THAT's where the savings out to
be passed on in some way, if you ask.  In every conceivable way, the
person who orders 20, 50, 100 or more is doing them a _favor_ and
lining their pockets with even more money.

Besides, you're only speaking to a clerk behind the phone who doesn't have the
power to make a decision on how shipping will cost.

Most times, true.

By reading less than a half of this thread if I was Brad, I'd be shaking my
head right now.  He came here with good intentions with a plan to offer what
we've been asking for years - bulk bricks.  Soon after, some butthead fakes a
post in his name on RTL and he has to clarify his own existence.  Then Larry

I didn't hear about this loser until today.  Losers exist - they
suck.  We all encounter them and we all, as grownups, know how to
handle them.  I'm sure Brad didn't become a senior VP without
developing some people skills or without realizing that given a
cross-section of people, some are just plain going to suck and do
stupid and/or mean things.  He'll deal with it, just like we have.

P. asks him to find out about the legality of scans being put up on the web.
He does that in his own time, posts a reply and boom ... people start going
nuts.  Shame.

Well, people had legitimate issues to discuss.  Some people here
fail to recognize that, but they _are_ things that matter.

I'm not ready to join the "shut up until you're spoken to and only
say things that agree with the TLC rep" club just yet and don't feel
the need to apologize for discussing legitimate issues.

I'm not planning on letting Brad's presence here impact my
willingness to speak my mind - why should anyone else?

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/