 Dear LEGO / 927
Re: Enough already
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 18:10:59 GMT

On Sun, 19 Dec 1999, R2 wrote:

I may be in the minority here, however I am really tired of all the
complaints people are having about the post from Brad Justus, concerning the
legality of Lego scans.

Yah Rose!  I'll add my support behind everything she said.  Three cheers
for Rose for the courage to write it!

Kevin Loch has done wonders with his site, and his self-imposed
restrictions make perfect sense to me.  When I read Brad's note, I
thought, "gee that *could* open the door for current scans on Brickshelf"
but then I thought "what's the point?  I can *get* current scans by going
to a store and buying the set, duh."  So a hearty huzzah to Kevin for
daring to make sense!

I also had problems with Brad's bit about pictures on the LEGO site that
aren't linked, but are publically accessible, being off-limits.  As a web
designer I know the dangerous legal precedent that could set.  But Brad
was wonderful enough to explain that to my satisfaction, before I even had
time to compose an intelligent rebuttal.  Another hearty huzzah to Brad
for understanding our concerns and addressing them quickly!

I may rant about the design of Lego's website, but that's just the
reactionary ranting of a gal trained on backward's compatability who
values speed in a website over stylistic nonsense.  Huzzah to LEGO for
even listening to our rants!

And while I'm at it, Huzzah to Todd for providing this forum!

-Laura Gjovaag