 Dear LEGO / 958
Re: Enough already
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 01:00:41 GMT

----------
In article <slrn85sd7s.33d.cjc@zelda.ns.utk.edu>, cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com
(Mike Stanley) wrote:

Look at it this way.  We have a very nice yard to play in. It's big, it's
roomy, and it has many interesting things to play with.  We COULD spend all
our time straining against the fence, but if we do, and we knock the fence
down, the owner of these nice things may come collect them, to prevent them
from being damaged or stolen. OR, we COULD simply appreciate the yard for
the many nice things it contains, and hope that more will be added in the
future.  But to DEMAND that more things be placed in the yard, things WE did
not make and do not own...well, this strikes me as a trifle arrogant, and
ungrateful.

There is a price to be paid for ingratitude. Let us pray we do not have to
pay it.

As far as "paying" the price of ingratitude, I'm not worried.  I'm
paying REAL GOOD money every year for products from a company that
before a couple weeks ago didn't seem to give a blurk about me one
way or the other.

And you got what you paid for. Bricks. And instructions.

Paying the price of ingratitude could mean seeing ALL copyrighted material
come off the web. It could happen, and LEGO would be well within their
rights under copyright law to demand it.

My point is that instead of being grateful for what we have, which is, for
the most part, gravy, and something we were never entitled to in the first
place, people are griping about things which LEGO has a legit common sense
reason for not particularly wanting on the web.

This is just plain rude, and absurd.

I don't think it is "sucking up" to recognize that someone has a good common
sense reason. And I think it odd that anyone would go to arguing the law
when they can't get past common sense or manners.  Yet that is what I have
been seeing here the last 2 weeks, and it bothers me.

Rob