 Dear LEGO / 932
Re: Enough already
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 20:41:55 GMT

R2 <r2eng@primenet.com> wrote:

Mike Stanley wrote in message ...
Right.  But let's not forget that many of us are FAR more enamored
of Lego the PRODUCT than Lego the company.  Aside from some recent
slips in quality control (colors, mostly) Lego the PRODUCT has never
let us down.  Lego the COMPANY, though, has done very little _but_
let us down.
etc.

I agree with you. No one can disagree with what you said.

But why "shoot the messenger"? I prefer to be outwardly optimistic, and
reserve cynicism. Just my personality.....

Well... uh, I don't think I am advocating that, nor have I really
seen anyone else DO that.

I'm sure Brad is an ok guy.  I'd like to meet him some day.
Anything I say, good, bad, or otherwise, about Lego the _company_
isn't meant to "shoot" Brad.  I work for an employer whom many find
fault with, including myself, on some issues.  Doesn't mean that
pointing those faults out is an attack on _me_.

I'm thrilled that Brad may be taking some time out of some of his
days to correspond with us here - I think this can only be seen as a
Good Thing.  I'll be even happier when I see some results.

But think of all the people who believe bad things about Microsoft.
What if they issued a press release that said, "ok, we finally get
it.  No more stomping our competition to pieces with borderline
illegal activities.  No more releasing alpha-quality software."
Would the prudent thing to do be to jump up and celebrate, throw
parties about how wonderful it is that MS was turning around,
focusing more on quality than dominance, throwing parties, patting
ourselves on the back about the new relationship we might have with
a the NEW Microsoft?  Or would it be to be cautiously hopeful,
hoping for the best but, given the reality of the company's history,
being prepared for more of the same?

Me, I'm more of the "show me" kind of person.  Talk is good, talk
sounds nice, but ultimately, talk is cheap.  :)

No shooting of the messenger here.  In fact, I'd like to think Brad
might take a more active role in some of our more general
discussions, but I figure he might be a wee bit busy, given his
position.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/