 Dear LEGO / 933
Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 21:12:28 GMT

On Sat, 18 Dec 1999 20:29:31 GMT, "Ka-On Lee" <ko_lee@yahoo.com>
wrote:
In lugnet.dear-lego, Jasper Janssen writes:

You're going to exclude alternative OSes even more than you already
do.

At least with Java, when done right, can be multi-OS and multi-browser
compatible.  Shockwave is the worst "standard" we have.

Correction - it _should_ be. It never is in practice. Java, in my
experience, sucks solar masses through bucky tubes.

Not to mention it's habit of blue-screening Win9x, and crashing
Navigator under linux. And lynx doesn't exactly play well with Java
either.

I keep Java, javascript, and cookies turned off in Navigator - now I
get weeks uptime under Win98 instead of mere days.

And the crashes then are half the time the result of me turning them
back on again for some braindead site I really have to see.

Jasper