 Dear LEGO / 972
Re: Enough already
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 05:41:54 GMT

I'll show TLC as much respect as it shows me.
I'll show Brad as much respect as I show Todd.

See, this is where you lose me.

Completely.

The prove it Prove It, PROVE IT! post struck me as amazingly rude.

And NOT rude to TLC.

To *Todd.*

That's who is was being addressed to, no?  Todd had taken a stance which he
felt (excuse me for speaking fopr you, Todd) was in the best interest of his
site, and it required the possibility (only possibility) of erring on the
side of caution. He said as much.

This "prove it" nonsense is what he got in return.

Todd built the sandbox, and invited us all over to play, and he mentioned
while we were there that this was one of the house rules. He said it was a
common sense rule, based on avoiding giving offense to someone (annoying the
adults, and thus incurring their wrath, in this analogy?)

And as a response, he gets this sturmandrang?

Why?

If you are that upset about it, go play somewhere else.  Why go insulting
the fellow who spent so much time building the sandbox?

I'd like to think we ALL can show each other as much respect as we
want in return.

The people to people respect is, imo, more important than this
bizarre devotion to the Lego company.

Why is defending Todd, and defending good manners, and defending common
sense...equal to " bizarre devotion to the Lego company?"

Rob