 Dear LEGO / 991
Re: Enough already
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 01:26:14 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Mike Stanley writes:

Lego the company has, for the most part, ignored what could be its
most vocal and one of its most useful FREE marketing tools/groups
for years.  Through silence, denials, and in the case of some,
downright rudeness and arrogance, it has done nothing but blow us
off.  Don't believe me?  Call up S@H sometime and try this little
experiment:

You: Hey, I'd like to order 50 copies of this service pack - think
you can cut me some slack on the built-in shipping on that?  After
all, you're only having to send them in one box and pay one postage
rate, whereas if 50 people call and order them you have to use 50
boxes and pay postage 50 times.

Them: No.

I thought shipping was free on all items?
Besides, you're only speaking to a clerk behind the phone who doesn't have the
power to make a decision on how shipping will cost.

By reading less than a half of this thread if I was Brad, I'd be shaking my
head right now.  He came here with good intentions with a plan to offer what
we've been asking for years - bulk bricks.  Soon after, some butthead fakes a
post in his name on RTL and he has to clarify his own existence.  Then Larry
P. asks him to find out about the legality of scans being put up on the web.
He does that in his own time, posts a reply and boom ... people start going
nuts.  Shame.