 Dear LEGO / 939
Re: Enough already
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 22:21:40 GMT

On Sun, 19 Dec 1999 20:41:55 GMT, cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley)
wrote:

R2 <r2eng@primenet.com> wrote:

Mike Stanley wrote in message ...
Right.  But let's not forget that many of us are FAR more enamored
of Lego the PRODUCT than Lego the company.  Aside from some recent
slips in quality control (colors, mostly) Lego the PRODUCT has never
let us down.  Lego the COMPANY, though, has done very little _but_
let us down.

And then Lego, the company, starts talking illegal legalese right at
the beginning. It sort of got to me, because, well, I'd hoped those
sorts of things were over with. No go, apparently.

Note that the posts madde bry Brad the person as opposed to Lego the
company are a lot more to my liking.

The problem is, how do we really know that Lego the company feels lik
Brad does as well?

I'm sure Brad is an ok guy.  I'd like to meet him some day.

Indeed.

But think of all the people who believe bad things about Microsoft.
What if they issued a press release that said, "ok, we finally get
it.  No more stomping our competition to pieces with borderline
illegal activities.  No more releasing alpha-quality software."
Would the prudent thing to do be to jump up and celebrate, throw
parties about how wonderful it is that MS was turning around, •  ^^^^^^^
focusing more on quality than dominance, throwing parties, patting •                                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ourselves on the back about the new relationship we might have with
a the NEW Microsoft?  Or would it be to be cautiously hopeful,
hoping for the best but, given the reality of the company's history,
being prepared for more of the same?

I think the important thing would be to have those parties. Not that
we really need an excuse, but what the hell.

No shooting of the messenger here.  In fact, I'd like to think Brad
might take a more active role in some of our more general
discussions, but I figure he might be a wee bit busy, given his
position.

I think you could be extremely right there.

Jasper