 Dear LEGO / 978
Re: Enough already
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 21:41:47 GMT

Robert M. Dye <robdye@writeme.com> wrote:
I'll show TLC as much respect as it shows me.
I'll show Brad as much respect as I show Todd.

See, this is where you lose me.
Completely.
The prove it Prove It, PROVE IT! post struck me as amazingly rude.

And NOT rude to TLC.

To *Todd.*

Well, first, *I* didn't write the message you're referring to.  I've
sometimes quite loudly disagreed with Todd, but I have never been,
and don't plan on ever being, rude to him.

Second, things DID get a little heated over the last week or two.  I
don't really see what Tom wrote as rude so much as overly excited,
and I even agreed with him.  I think Todd (and Suz) were vehemently
defending (and maybe even over-defending from what I saw at the
time) a company that hadn't really made a statement of its own.  Tom
did too, and really thought that, given the (then) lack of response
from TLC, HIS interpretation of the tea leaves was a valid as
theirs.

I'm sure if Todd had interpreted his posts as amazingly rude he
would have said so.

This is all moot, though.  The _basic_ point I tried to make was
that YOU, Rob Dye, calling Tom Stangl a MORON, was over the line.
That's undeniable.  You can say you had reasons, you can say you
have excuses, but the fact of the matter is you called Tom a moron
and I called you on it.

The rest of this is mostly irrelevant, and is really something you
should take up with Tom.  Note I did not complain to Larry that you
called Tom a moron, I complained to you.  If you take issue with
something Tom has to say, don't use it as a justification in a post
to "me" to try to contradict something I've said about how much
respect *I* will show people, presumably trying to defend your own
actions - that's silly.

I'd like to think we ALL can show each other as much respect as we
want in return.

The people to people respect is, imo, more important than this
bizarre devotion to the Lego company.

Why is defending Todd, and defending good manners, and defending common
sense...equal to " bizarre devotion to the Lego company?"

They're not.  I'm not equating the two - you are.  You've wandered
pretty far off the subject here.  I've pointed out that you're
calling of one of my friends a moron is over the line of acceptable
behavior.  You can take issue with his (or my) posts all you want,
but I'll do YOU the respect of not calling you a moron if you do me
the same, how 'bout that?  We can leave all the "but he started it"
or "he was mean too" out of it and just try to play nice.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/