 Dear LEGO / 983
Re: Enough already
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 23:15:53 GMT

Just another minor point here and I'm really just nitpicking so don't
sweat it...

Mike Stanley wrote:

It's a start.  We've had someone from Lego here before, though.

True. We've had people who said they were designers, people who related
experiences working in a model shop, we sometimes have lurkers from
various departments (hi guys, you know who you are), we've even had a
store manager. All of them have survived the encounter... and we've
learned from them as well, thanks guys!

However I'd say it was a difference in KIND, not just degree, when a
senior VP shows up and instead of saying "this is just me talking, don't
take this as official company position", says "this IS official company
position and I have a mandate to make stuff happen, watch me!".

Rejoice? I'm with you, too early yet. Wasn't born in Mizzou but
certainly have sympathy with the sentiment.

But I'm heartened. More heartened by this turn of events than anything
I've seen the company do yet.

I've got other stuff to rejoice about, as do we all if we think about
it:

- The world overall is a better place than it's ever been, ever.
- Looks like this Y2K thing will be survivable after all.
- More people who want to work are working in the US than ever before
- I have 3 lovely and bright children who are happy being kids
- We're buying a swell new house and it has lots of space for my hobbies
- Today was my best one day gain in the market ever!
- Only two more days till the days get longer again, we've reached
another solstice...
- I've made several people happy by a little honest arbitrage lately,
including one person who is actually renting a santa suit to pull the
old "we caught santa in the act" gag for her kids.

So I'm rejoicing. Happy Holidays, everyone!