 Dear LEGO / 982
Re: Enough already
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 22:27:35 GMT

Sturm und Drang.
Cool word choice by Rob, IMHO.

You don't need a German dictionary,
it's in English dictionaries, synonymous with turmoil.

It is literally translated as "Storm and Stress"
and it comes from a "German literary movement,
characterized by works containing rousing action and high emotionalism
that often deal with the individual's revolt against society" (Merriam
Webster)

I think it usually appears as three words,
but I've seen the three German words combined as one word in English,
though I'm not sure if the latter is proper or if it is common.

"Robert M. Dye" wrote:

Dogs shouldn't let friends who are annoyed post annoyed, no? <g>

In article <Fn21D2.JHA@lugnet.com>, "Robert M. Dye" <robdye@writeme.com>
wrote:

That's who is was being addressed XXtoXX, no?

And as a response, he gets this sturmandrang?

"Sturm und drang," I think.  Don't have a German distionary, so i can't be
sure right now.

Rob

-- dave
David Blomberg