 Castle / 7700 (+100)
  Re: SOME CUSTOM CASTLE TORSOs I have done

(...) The first sign to redo, if you can get a good picture to work from, is the famous, rare guarded inn sign. Make sure you make it as accurate as possible... :) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Ideas page update...

I've updated, with around 20 new ideas since my last post on this subject. View them at: (URL) in this update are: -animals -castle/town spinning wheel -house items -TALL tree -more... Coming soon: -space/ remote control camera -side walks -Bottled (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.space)

  Re: LOM vs. Space (was Re: On Paranoia: King Leo's Castle)

(...) the Tolkien universe? And perhaps maybe people who grew up in different cultures, such as the Japanese, think their literary works of the past are to yawn about and that the Tolkien universe is where its at. I mean, come on man, when you list (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Perfect Parts Set: 6776 Ogel Control Center?

(...) Is that the one described at a recent Australian Lego event as the "chip-n-dip" baseplate, on the grounds that it can double as a platter to serve nibbles at parties? Put your olives in the swimming pool, etc. Kerry (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build, lugnet.year.2001)

  Custom shop signs. WAS: SOME CUSTOM CASTLE TORSOs I have done

The first sign to redo, if you can get a good picture to work from, is the (...) I think the Guarded Inn sign would be an excellent start. Keeping in mind, signs for shops..along with many shops themselves didn't occur until the local artisans got (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Guns vs. Swords (was Re: LOM vs. Space (was Re: On Paranoia: King Leo's Castle)

In lugnet.year.2001, Anthony Sava writes: <<snip>> (...) with his guts splattered all over the ground and eminating a strange unearthly glow from the impact of my flashy brand spankin' new hand held particle excellerator set on low :^) ~Kirby~ (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Guns vs. Swords (was Re: LOM vs. Space (was Re: On Paranoia: King Leo's Castle)

(...) Can we take this argument of this theme vs that theme to lugnet.off-topic.debate? (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Guns vs. Swords (was Re: LOM vs. Space (was Re: On Paranoia: King Leo's Castle)

(...) How un-sporting of you! james (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Custom shop signs. WAS: SOME CUSTOM CASTLE TORSOs I have done

(...) I would love to see some of these. The questions of course is what paper would I print them on ... Is there "sticker" paper out there? Any advice and maybe a how-to guide from someone who has done it before would be very appreciated. -- Pawel (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Perfect Parts Set: 6776 Ogel Control Center?

(...) That's absolutely magnificent. I wonder, has anyone tried this? I have about four of those baseplates, and I'm thinking it might be worth a try. I suppose I can use my Royal Knights Castle baseplate to hold nacho chips. This is, of course, (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: Custom shop signs. WAS: SOME CUSTOM CASTLE TORSOs I have done

(...) -- Pawel I think someone, Ed?, mentioned that you can buy 8.5" X 11" printer "sticker" paper at Staples or OfficeMax or Office Depot for fairly cheap. All I did for mine (Monty Python torsos) was create them in Illustrator, edit them in (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Custom shop signs. WAS: SOME CUSTOM CASTLE TORSOs I have done

(...) You rock! What material did you use for the lower half of those surcoats? Is that just paper, or something thicker? Peter (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Custom shop signs. WAS: SOME CUSTOM CASTLE TORSOs I have done

(...) One thing I learned, at least with the sticker paper I have (it's very flat.. like normal paper) In order to get a little gloss on the paper, and keep the inkjet ink from running if it gets soaked for some reason.. I put some packing tape over (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Custom shop signs. WAS: SOME CUSTOM CASTLE TORSOs I have done

(...) Thanks! Basically its a heavy-grade matte-finish printer paper. After long attempts to find the same material that TLG makes their cloaks and sails out of, I gave up. To this day I think its some sort of starched light-weight canvas. I found (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Custom shop signs. WAS: SOME CUSTOM CASTLE TORSOs I have done

(...) Yep, see the comments in the README file here: (2 URLs) = NecroBones Enterprises (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Perfect Parts Set: 6776 Ogel Control Center?

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Mr L F Braun (<G8E7nB.MEz@lugnet.com>) wrote at 15:13:59 (...) Um. There'll probably be a lot of upset parents if there is... Probably less poisonous than what you're going to put in them :-) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: SOME CUSTOM CASTLE TORSOs I have done

(...) Has anyone got one of the inn signs scanned in??? email it to me so I can re-draw it, as I don't have one.... Kev... : ) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: SOME CUSTOM CASTLE TORSOs I have done

(...) If someone needs a great scan of the GI sign, I have one at home that I can email to them. It'd be great to have a guarded inn sign redone in Adobe Illustrator, but the one I have will actually print out pretty nicely already. The one thing (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: SOME CUSTOM CASTLE TORSOs I have done

Well I did it here is the shield I made LMKWYT. not much creativity on my part but. it serves a purpose. (URL)has anyone made a shield out of the emblem for 6519 the turbo tiger (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Perfect Parts Set: 6776 Ogel Control Center?

(...) They're OK, last time I licked. ;) -- Genekinesis Technologies (URL) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: SOME CUSTOM CASTLE TORSOs I have done

(...) Can you email it to me then.... Kev.. : ) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Custom shop signs. WAS: SOME CUSTOM CASTLE TORSOs I have done

And for those of us who don't have access to a color laser printer, it looks like nk Jet Labels for Color Printing Full Sheet, 8-1/2" x 11", White, Permanent, 1 label per sheet 8255 20 Sheets per Package $15.99 is the choice. Peter (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Custom shop signs. WAS: SOME CUSTOM CASTLE TORSOs I have done

(...) looks (...) Actually, mine is just an inkjet too, but the "laser" version of the sticky sheets works fine for me. -- -Bones- = (URL) = NecroBones Enterprises (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Custom shop signs. WAS: SOME CUSTOM CASTLE TORSOs I have done

Using a good quality inkjet printer on the glossy sticker paper designed for inkjet ink produces excellent quality, good enough to rival laserjet print. But if you must have color laserjet output for permanent color fastness, here's a trick I picked (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Guns vs. Swords (was Re: LOM vs. Space (was Re: On Paranoia: King Leo's Castle)

(...) ConfusedUs say: Man with gun (blaster, particle accellerator, etc.) not hear man with sword chop his head off. -Mike Petrucelli aka Lord Insanity (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle)

  2002 Lord of the Rings Lego line?

Is it just me? I just cant seem to get excited over the imminent Harry Potter line. O.k I have only read 50 pages of the first book, but it all seemed to be based in a modern day town environment with characters who wouldn't translate well into (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: 2002 Lord of the Rings Lego line?

(...) I suspect that minifig proportions are actually correct for Hobbits and wrong for most others! Jennifer Clark (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Mr L F Braun wrote in message ... (...) Being the proud owner of the actual Chip-N-Dip baseplate that appeared at aforementioned LegOz meeting, I can safely say that I elucidated its origin accurately... the baseplate in question is NOT the same as (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: 2002 Lord of the Rings Lego line?

(...) Oh well I'd have to see what they came up with first... (...) The enviroment will shift to a magical castle enviroment once you read on... (...) That would indeed be a very cool product line, lots of possibilities. I have my doubts about the (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  minifig.co.uk updated with clearer pics

OK guys I've gone out and brought myself a decent digital camera .. horray So I'll be putting up pictures... lots of pictures on my site in the next few days - there are a few up already. I'll replace all the old ones as well with images you can see (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2002 Lord of the Rings Lego line?

(...) That's because you're only read 50 pages. (...) Well, they could definitely do it with, say, minifigs for the hobbits and creator-scale figs for everyone else... eric (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: LOM vs. Space (was Re: On Paranoia: King Leo's Castle)

Note to Spaceheads: This started here, so I'm posting here, but also to .castle and that's where I pointed followups to. If you've no desire to hear anything about the adjustment of warfare during the Renaissance, go to the next post now. :) (...) (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2002 Lord of the Rings Lego line?

(...) I dont think lego are bothered with minifig size. look at the Star Wars anakin v's chewbacca, about 3 foot difference - both the same size minifig. The minifig has been around 20 odd years and hasnt changed. I do agree that the Harry Potter (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: 2002 Lord of the Rings Lego line?

(...) Well, there ought to be a lot of cool "wizardy" stuff...I expect potions, cauldrons, owls (hopefully they won't use the same bird piece they use for falcons and parrots), maybe a rat (is Scabbers in the first book?), castle walls, probably (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Custom shop signs. WAS: SOME CUSTOM CASTLE TORSOs I have done

(...) Another thought: Can you use clear nail polish on top of an inkjet sticker for permanence and the appropriate gloss? Peter (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2002 Lord of the Rings Lego line?

(...) Yes. (...) As long as it's not anything like "Fellowship of the Ring" by Iron Crown Enterprises. "So, the Fellowship player wins if he makes it to here by turn 11, but if he hasn't been to Rivendell by Turn 6 he has to make it over here to (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: 2002 Lord of the Rings Lego line?

(...) Err bad news.. from what I read quote The Lord of the Rings game will follow along the lines of the popular(sic) warhammer fantasy battle series unquote (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: 2002 Lord of the Rings Lego line?

(...) Fellowship of the Ring - Christmas 2001 The Two Towers - Christmas 2002 Return of the King - Christmas 2003 *sigh* Have to wait 3 years to see them all. ARGH! In any case, I'm sure we'll see plenty of merchandise, but LEGO sets would be darn (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Stickers, decals, glue, and gloss.. WAS: Re: Custom shop signs. WAS: SOME CUSTOM CASTLE TORSOs I have done

(...) Here's another thought- you could try spray-on clear-coat... Glossy laquer spray. It's usually sold right next to model paints in hobby shops. Has anyone tried this? I use it to cover over my paint jobs (check out my dragons and mage hats on (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2002 Lord of the Rings Lego line?

(...) Actually, the first of three LotR movies is out Decemeber 14, 2001. About 309 days from now, give or take a few hours. Not that I'm counting, or anything. :) I think that sets based on LotR would be super-cool, and I'd probably buy all of (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2002 Lord of the Rings Lego line?

(...) I seem to be having trouble accessing the official site, and you seem like the person to ask, given your understated anticipation of the film! Is there a mirror site available? The last time I went on it I couldn't get much info without (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2002 Lord of the Rings Lego line?

(...) Yea, what a game... What I'd like to see is ICE re-release Riddle of the Ring. It was a nice game, and one of the few games I have ever seen which played well for 3 players (too many 3 player games consist of 2 of the players ganging up and (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Torso stickers

Well, you guys seem to be doing something that I've been thinking about for several weeks now. Since I have a number of contacts in the publishing industry, what I was planning on doing was professionally printing and die-cutting sticker sheets with (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso stickers

Let me pose this possibility if we choose to professionaly print these: To get the most out of our dollar, we obviously should make these sheets quite diverse (ie, not all one style or color). My thought is that we can fit at *least* 100 (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso stickers

(...) It might market better if you had, say, 20 of a given design on a given sheet. Then, with a single sheet, the average person could get enough stickers to make a decently-sized army. You'd still get a good diversity on a single sheet... figure (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso stickers

(...) Of course! (...) Well, I was thinking that there would be multiples of the regular army builders (5-10 of each?), and a whole bunch of different ones for merchants, peasants, and maidens (signs as well?). (...) Yes, simply because other themes (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso stickers

Hmmm. Both of you have good points. Perhaps there could be two types of sticker sheets. One with half a dozen different "generic" designs, for larger armies, and A different one with lots of different sticker sets to create customized "characters", (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso stickers

(...) Personally, I think 20 of any one design would be too much. I think 10 should be the most of any one army builder. BTW, off my rough estimates the printer is telling me that he can get about 80-90 stickers on one 8.5x11 sheet. That means we (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso stickers

This is a great idea, not only for castle minifigs, but also themes as space, town, etc. Some generic town stuff. Who knows? FUT to town, space, etc. for specific discussions Scott S. -- ***...*** Please visit (URL) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.space)

  Re: Torso stickers

(...) Given the costs and complexity of the die and the minimum number that needs to be printed, I think there can only be one sheet. But that sheet would have roughly 6 different army factions with matching shields (5x of each faction) and 20-30 (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso stickers

Oh yes. I forgot that these were going to be precut type stickers. I imagine that would send the cost up quite a bit. -Andy Lynch ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jimmy Park" <madoka@jps.net> (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso stickers

(...) Yes, but the first one produced has to be specific to Castle, as the shields involved is only really applicable in Castle. Then, we can make a generic die for cutting out just torsos and possibly signs for use with all other themes. Jimmy (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.space)

  Re: Torso stickers

(...) Yes, it does, but. . . "only the best is good enough!" :) But seriously, I think the extra couple of bucks per sheet over printing it on one's inkjet is offset by the commercial quality of the product, not to mention the hours of precisely (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso stickers

(...) the (...) I agree, 5 to 10 of each type... Perhaps 10 of a torso, plus 10 matching shields (5 ovoid, 5 triangle). I'd like to see some generaic armor art as well that doesn't belong to any specific army or shield art, as well as some generic (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso stickers

(...) Auugh! That would take forever. The stickers I've put onto my men so far were mostly "proof of concept" so I didn't bother being that careful. I used quickly drawn or scanned designs, printed them out, and quickly cut them out with scissors. (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso stickers - lets think this through

As far as diversity goes, lets think this through. Eric's point is well taken that in order to have a decent size army you'd want to have at least 20 torsos/shields of each design. However, my point of view, is that for me to get on board...and (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso stickers - lets think this through

(...) I was only skimming through the thread, and thought people were talking as though more than one sheet design was going to be printed up at a time. Given that it is only going to be one, I think 5 is enough for a given design, certainly. eric (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso stickers - lets think this through

(...) each (...) I think it's a good start. One of us should probably come up with a full-sheet template to demonstrate one or more possible ways of lining up the stickers in an efficient manner. I think we need to know -exactly- how many stickers (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso stickers - lets think this through

(...) Not trying to pick an argument, but 10 male peasant designs? Really? I think that may be a bit much. There's got to be close to at least a dozen 'peasant-type' torso designs currently in the Star Wars line, and with 2 more movies, and dozens (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso stickers - lets think this through

(...) Yes, I think a vote would be appropriate. BTW, I think Kevin Hall's female torsos/skirts are an excellent start to the project. (...) Yes, once the die is made, we can just continue using the same template for future sticker sheets. (...) Yes, (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso stickers - lets think this through

(...) Well, what I was thinking was that it's not necessarily 10 peasants, so much as 10 misc. designs. These of course would encompass peasants, but also merchants, squires, nobles, clergy, etc. I imagine we were just using the generic term (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso stickers - lets think this through

(...) When considering the number of designs, and number of iterations per design, keep in mind that there is room for an "aftermarket" of unused/unwanted parts. Suppose a sheet had 5 of design A and 5 of design B. I want 20 of A and someone else (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso stickers - lets think this through

(...) Yes, I think this is precisely the next step we need to take. I'll post some of the details in a new thread so people can more easily find it. Thanks Ed, Jimmy (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Torso stickers - the next step!

1. Someone needs to volunteer to draw up a template to show how many stickers can fit on a standard (8.5" x 11") sheet of sticker paper. Current estimates are at 80-90 stickers per sheet. Whoever does this must give the printer 1/4" blank space on (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso stickers

(...) Forgive my ignorance--I don't know how this all works. Are the printing and the cutting integrated, or two separate processes? Can't you have different sheets that use the same die? IE, each sheet has 30 shields and 50 torsos in the same (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso stickers - the next step!

(...) I took the liberty of setting up a private discussion group at: (URL) forgive me if someone else already has. It might be a good idea if we start to migrate our discussion over to that forum? Or perhaps if Todd is reading this he might allow (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2002 Lord of the Rings Lego line?

Ack! Don't suggest it! You know why? To get the right scale, they'd end up using minifigs for the Hobbits, and the new Midifigs for humans. Ick! (...) -- | Tom Stangl, iPlanet Web Server Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | iPlanet (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Torso stickers

(...) They are two separate processes. First it is printed, then cut. (...) Yes, I talked about this possibility in another previous post. First though, I think we should give it a go with one sheet, before tackling multiple others. Jimmy (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  STICKERS.......!!!!!!!!1

OK.... I just read everyones posts... as I'm on the other side of the world, I havent been able to contribute to this disscussion..... I was sleeping.... Anyways..... Considering I work in the industry you all are talking about, I'd be happy to do (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Torso Stickers - some numbers

I never got my own torso sticker project very far off the ground, but I did do up a template. I was able to fit 192 torsos into a space that was 7.5" by 10" - no shields, though. You can pack a *lot* more torsos into a given space if you use their (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2002 Lord of the Rings Lego line?

(...) Midifigs? Is this the new music stuff from Lego? Cheers, - jsproat (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: STICKERS.......!!!!!!!!1

(...) Yeah, shipping might end up killing whatever price advantage there might be. I've also posted the prices I got from my printer. That includes making the die and shipping to my place. From there, I would distribute it out to everyone. (...) (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso stickers - the next step!

(...) Jimmy, I looked and didn't see a price in your earlier posts for the larger qualities printed, just a comment that printers don't like small jobs (understandable some runs may take more time in setup and cleanup then in the actual printing). (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso stickers - the next step!

(...) Well, I didn't put them up as I don't realistically think that we are going to get people to buy up more than 500. For the record, yeah, if we printed a couple thousand, we can get them near the $1.50 mark, but I don't think that is going to (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso stickers - the next step!

(...) I'll try and work on the template this weekend..... Kev... : ) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  4811 (was: Re: Torso stickers - the next step!)

In lugnet.castle, Mike Timm writes: <snip> (...) Better: get the polybag from Shop at Home in multiples of ten. $1.20 (plus shipping) for an equipped Castle 'fig plus extras--now *that's* a good deal.;) TWS Garrison (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Perfect Parts Set: 6776 Ogel Control Center?

(...) origin (...) Ogel's (...) on (...) Well, if the Chip-n-Dip is a completely different baseplate, we clearly need a different name for the Ogel's Control Center baseplate. The Olive Pit, perhaps? Kerry (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: Torso stickers

In lugnet.castle, Jimmy Park writes: <snipped> (...) This is a really interesting idea; having read through all of the thread as it stands right now, I have a few questions/reservations that come to mind(1) -- == Scanning torsos/shields to print out (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso stickers

Umm, good question, Joel. I've been too busy to participate in the thread but I did read a few posts, and TLC's reaction never even came to mind. Hmm. That's definitely something to think about, especially the manufacturer, and especially if the (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso stickers

(...) I think the idea is to keep this small time. I can't see anybody ebaying them. But then again, people in the US will ebay/sell almost anything. Does everyone want the same looking custom figs, sort of getting away from customisation isn't it. (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso stickers

(...) From understanding is that this is *NOT* amongst the current options for JUST the you specified, copyright violations are not what we are looking to do. We just want to convert non-castle compatible minifigs to castle ones. (this I believe has (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso stickers

(...) Frankly, this is where I'm coming from. I'm excited by this conversation as I'd already done a little customizing, and I'd love to get professional-quality pre-cut printing, but I don't want the same minifigs as someone else. For this reason, (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso stickers

(...) I think I'm looking at this project from a totally different perspective than everyone else. I'm viewing this project primarily as a group of people who have some design ideas and want to combine efforts to save on the cost of making quality (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2002 Lord of the Rings Lego line?

(...) (URL) wouldn't necessarily be so bad. I wish the Creator-scale figs were a bit more articulated, but I don't see what everyone's big problem with them is. Yeah, I'd be upset if they completely replaced Minifigs, but I don't think that's going (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Torso stickers

(...) I am not a lawyer. That said, I can't imagine that it would be a good thing to either directly scan TLC classic Castle designs and put them on the sheet, put things that are simple color mods of TLC designs on the sheet, or take existing TLC (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso stickers

(...) Well, I've been lurking for a while watching this thread and I can tell you where I'm coming from. I'd buy some of these sheets no matter what ends up being on them - original art, scans/copies of Lego stuff, you name it. I agree the original (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso stickers

Uhm... I think people have been skimming a little too much and not looking -closely- at what we've been saying. At no time did we say we'd charge for stickers made from SCANS of existing TLC artwork. I did scans for my own uses, and used them as an (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso stickers

(...) Ack. My only point was that while options A and B were bad, option C (making stickers to size with original art), which is what I thought was being discussed, shouldn't bother TLC at all- so there shouldn't be any legal ramifications. I don't (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso stickers

In lugnet.castle, Mike Stanley writes: <he's a lurker and he'll buy> Not big on ME TOO posts but I'm lurking this thread too, and I would buy too, in moderate quantity, especially if some of the stickers were usable in townish stuff, and if the (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Perfect Parts Set: 6776 Ogel Control Center?

Kerry Raymond wrote in message ... (...) need (...) It's been called the "Pool and driveway" baseplate since it first appeared in 6416, Poolside Paradise Kevin ---...--- Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Lego (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: Torso stickers

(...) Actually I spent about an hour and a half reading the entire thread last night. But you didn't quote what I said so maybe you were replying more to the other person who brought up the possible legal ramifications. (...) Scans of Lego stuff or (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso stickers

(...) agreed. for the purpose of selling or probablly producing for other than your own personal use. original designs are the only way to go. What about posting to ask lego, etc. to see what their stance is. Where are we going post our original (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso stickers

In lugnet.castle, Joel Jacobsen writes: Okay, I just caught up with what's going on here (I'm on west coast time). This is Jimmy - I started this thread on professionally making torso stickers. I also happen to be a lawyer and I took every (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Perfect Parts Set: 6776 Ogel Control Center?

(...) Well, yeah, but that's sort of missing the point of novel usage. Perhaps the "cheez-n-crackers" baseplate? It's obviously single-fluid in potential, unless one decides to build up other containers out of 1xn bricks (and uses a sufficiently (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: Torso stickers

(...) I completely agree here. I believe it was clearly noted at the beginning of this thread that we were not going to copy Lego's designs to avoid any copyright issues. All the stickers are going to be custom work. (...) Again, I completely agree (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso stickers

(...) Personally, I see no point in posting to ask Lego. 1. Because what we are doing is outside the realm of Lego's concerns and 2. I'll bet whoever reads it would not know anyway and may overreact out of ignorance. (...) I think Kyle set up a (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  To those interested in the stickers

Okay, at this point I think we have clogged up the castle newsgroup enough. I think that all those that are interested in the sticker project, please subscribe to: (URL) made this group the other day, and I think it's a better forum at this point to (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: To those interested in the stickers

(...) Ack. If you're really going to move the bulk of the conversation elsewhere, be sure to update the rest of us every once in a while, eh? If you're really concerned about clogging up the lugnet.castle group, I would think that lugnet.publish (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: To those interested in the stickers

(...) Will do. (...) I myself prefer the egroups, because it also has the polling feature, which may come in handy. It is a public group, so joining shouldn't take more than 5 minutes (I joined with one click - about 2 seconds) if you really are (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: To those interested in the stickers

(...) I joined (in digest so I'll get one mail a day) but I would say that you'd be better served using the LUGNET(tm) facilities for this as wide visibility might be a good thing. Move the discussion to the right group, yes. Go dark? Maybe not. But (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact