 Castle / 7755
Re: Torso stickers - lets think this through
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 20:08:41 GMT

As far as diversity goes, lets think this through.

Eric's point is well taken that in order to have a decent size army you'd
want to have at least 20 torsos/shields of each design.

However, my point of view, is that for me to get on board...and perhaps
others, I would like to get some of my torso designs published.

If we only choose 10 designs to go on this sheet (and remember, at this
point we can only have *one* sheet due to cost) then I wouldn't be as
inclined to participate and purchase because perhaps I only like 2 of the 10
designs (that someone *else* made).

Remember, as Jimmy said, 8" x 11" is enough for 90 stickers. There isn't as
much real-estate as one would think, if we want to be able to have an army
of 20 with the same design...thats 20 torsos, and 20 shields....we can only
fit 2.5 designs on a sheet!
Even if we want 10 torsos and 10 shields of each design, thats still only
about 7 different designs we can fit on a sheet.

What we are looking for is a nice balance, after all, even if we have 5
torsos and 5 shields of the same design, if a person wants a 20 minifig
army, they just buy 4 sheets. Big deal.

Perhaps at this point, while we are pricing, we should all submit designs
and put it up to some sort of vote? as to what we'd like to see on the sheet.

If this is successful, then we can start considering 2 sheets, or 3 sheets?

What I suggest:

10 female designs  (remember, those female toros can use up to 2 stickers)
10 male/standard peasant designs
6  different armor/military designs with 5 torso and 5 shields stickers each

This adds up to 90 stickers, roughly.

Comments?

-Kyle