 Castle / 7787
Re: Torso stickers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 16:16:13 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Ed T. Toton III writes:
Uhm... I think people have been skimming a little too much
and not looking -closely- at what we've been saying. At no
time did we say we'd charge for stickers made from SCANS
of existing TLC artwork.

Ack.  My only point was that while options A and B were bad, option C (making
stickers to size with original art), which is what I thought was being
discussed, shouldn't bother TLC at all- so there shouldn't be any legal
ramifications.

I don't think profit makes much of a difference, in reality, when it comes to
using scanned copyrighted works- nor would I think terrible things about the
folks working to put this together if there were a minor markup on the sticker
sheets.

eric