 Castle / 7790
Re: Torso stickers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 16:46:24 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Ed T. Toton III writes:
Uhm... I think people have been skimming a little too much
and not looking -closely- at what we've been saying.

Actually I spent about an hour and a half reading the entire thread last
night.  But you didn't quote what I said so maybe you were replying more to
the other person who brought up the possible legal ramifications.

At no
time did we say we'd charge for stickers made from SCANS
of existing TLC artwork. I did scans for my own uses, and
used them as an example of what can be done.

Scans of Lego stuff or original art - as a buyer I don't particularly care,
other than to note the scans of Lego stuff may be a little risky and not
quite nice.  I'd still buy them, though, especially scans of older Castle
stuff that isn't in production anymore.  How could that possibly hurt Lego
any more or less than sheets of custom stuff?  (that's mostly rhetorical)

I don't think we're planning to sell for profit either.

Sell for a profit or don't - I'll still buy.  I might just buy less if the
price is higher, but I'm still in.  I don't work for free - I don't expect
anyone else to as well.  Community spirit is great, but work is work and I
don't want a free lunch.