 Castle / 7741
Re: 2002 Lord of the Rings Lego line?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 17:08:48 GMT

Lorbaat wrote:

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Johnston writes:

maybe a rat (is Scabbers in the first book?),

Yes.

There cetainly isn't any reference to TLC in their lists
(although scarily a Games Workshop board game is on the cards)

A wargame, I thought?  Hopefully it's not just a re-hash of Warhammer
Fantasy Battles..."What do you mean, Sauron's fielding an army of Chaos
Warriors?"

As long as it's not anything like "Fellowship of the Ring" by Iron Crown
Enterprises.

"So, the Fellowship player wins if he makes it to here by turn 11, but if he
hasn't been to Rivendell by Turn 6 he has to make it over here to Bree by turn
8 and then over to this spot by turn 14 to win... but if he doesn't make it to
Rivendell by Turn 6 *or* Bree by Turn 8 he can still win by making it over here
by Turn 10... but if the other players manage to intercept him with the
Ringwraiths by Turn 4 he can't win unless he gets to Rivendell within 3 turns
and spends a turn there..."

Yea, what a game...

What I'd like to see is ICE re-release Riddle of the Ring. It was a nice
game, and one of the few games I have ever seen which played well for 3
players (too many 3 player games consist of 2 of the players ganging up
and eliminating one of the players, thus turning the game into a 2
player game, with a bored spectator).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com