 Off-Topic / Fun / 6606
Re: 2002 Lord of the Rings Lego line?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 17:08:26 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.castle, James Brown writes:

Actually, the first of three LotR movies is out Decemeber 14, 2001.  About
309 days from now, give or take a few hours.  Not that I'm counting, or
anything. :)

I seem to be having trouble accessing the official site, and you seem like
the person to ask, given your understated anticipation of the film!  Is
there a mirror site available?  The last time I went on it I couldn't get
much info without downloading a .mov file; is there a simple press release page?

The official site is very pretty and generally quite neat, but also pretty
darn useless unless your browser has good Real* support. Newline has an
agreement with RealMedia, it seems. :(

The good news is that they have updated the site to include some stuff in
Quicktime, including the theatrical trailer (which is pretty much just a
teaser, but does have some nice eye candy).

I tend to get most of my fix...er...news, yeah, that's it... news at
http://www.theonering.com

It's a pretty good fansite that collects news & stuff.  They've also got a
messageboard, but I don't read it much because it's mostly arguments about
how accurate and/or sacriligeous the movie will be. I'm not as fanatic as
some people out there - yikes!

James