 Castle / 7733
Re: 2002 Lord of the Rings Lego line?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 14:53:42 GMT

In lugnet.castle, James Stacey writes:
I do agree that
the Harry Potter line dosent instill great enthusiasm, unless there are a
few shnacky pieces for my castle sets.

Well, there ought to be a lot of cool "wizardy" stuff...I expect potions,
cauldrons, owls (hopefully they won't use the same bird piece they use for
falcons and parrots), maybe a rat (is Scabbers in the first book?), castle
walls, probably secret doors...

Hmm.  Uh-oh.  A lot of ths stuff is things I already have plenty of.
Especially secret doors...and brooms...I read the first book so long ago,
I'm not sure what sets might come out of it.  Maybe (fingers crossed)
they've been listening and they're going to make Hogwarts as a 'sectional'
castle that joins together several sets...

The first of the 3 LOTR movies is out in December this year, and looking at
the marketing schedules (they are floating around on the net) it seems that
for the first film at least they are keeping the marketing low key (yeah
sure) as they don't want to phantom menace the merchandise (we all know what
that means). There cetainly isn't any reference to TLC in their lists
(although scarily a Games Workshop board game is on the cards)

A wargame, I thought?  Hopefully it's not just a re-hash of Warhammer
Fantasy Battles..."What do you mean, Sauron's fielding an army of Chaos
Warriors?"