 Castle / 7771
Re: STICKERS.......!!!!!!!!1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 23:10:43 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Kevin Hall writes:

I'll also get a costing from here.... as I work with printers, I'l prob get
a good price.... I'll find out today.... but I think it'l prob be better to
get them printed over where most of you are, as it will be easier to post....

Yeah, shipping might end up killing whatever price advantage there might be.
I've also posted the prices I got from my printer.  That includes making the
die and shipping to my place.  From there, I would distribute it out to
everyone.

As for sizes, I guess you're talking about American Letter size 215.9mm x
279.4mm..... Why do you Americans still use inches....sheesh..... get with
the modern world....ha ha ha..... I'll do up a couple of samples for the die
cut line.... once the die is made, we can print any design, so long as it
coresponds with the die line.....

Yup.  FYI, there have been proposals as to the general breakdown of the
number of army torsos, shields, etc.

As for the designs, if people are going to be paying for them, we cant do
them the same as what Lego has..... to many copyright probs.... we need our
own designs..... so The best idea is to just get everyone to submit
designs.... and even if you havent got the resources to do a design, just
draw it on paper and scan it in.... we'll get the idea.... :  ) Or you can
send the idea to me, and I'll make it come to life..... as I did with those
dresses.... just email me...

Thanks for offering!

1. Submit design concepts....
2. Everyone votes....
3. Kevin mocks up a die line....
4. Kevin puts all designs voted for onto one sheet with die line....
5. We find the best price from a printer....
7. Who ever organises the printer, lets Kevin know how the printer wants the
art work set up and how they want it supplied...
6. Kev sends the digital art to who ever is organising the printer....
7. The stickers get printed.... then die-cut....
8. We all have some custom torsos... :  )

Well, I think #3 has to come first, so that we know what our limitations
are.  I've already posted prices from one printer.  He's done very good work
for us last year (over 40,000 pieces) and I trust him.  In addition, in past
projects he outbid every other printer by a whopping 50%.

Kevin if you could send me an email at madoka@jps.net, I can go over the
stuff that's been discussed and proposed so far.

Thanks,

Jimmy