 Castle / 7772
Re: Torso stickers - the next step!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 03:54:16 GMT

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001 21:06:40 GMT, "Jimmy Park" <madoka@jps.net> wrote:

1.  Someone needs to volunteer to draw up a template to show how many
stickers can fit on a standard (8.5" x 11") sheet of sticker paper.  Current
estimates are at 80-90 stickers per sheet.  Whoever does this must give the
printer 1/4" blank space on each edge and about 3/16" or 1/8" between each
sticker.

So any volunteers?

2.  People can start submitting their designs (probably to brickshelf) and
we can vote on which ones we like best.

Any volunteers for setting up and tabulating the vote (perhaps on egroups?)?

3.  I've talked to the printer to see if he would reduce the quantity, but
the prices go up significantly when you do:

250 copies = $3.75 per sheet
500 copies = $2.75 per sheet

Jimmy, I looked and didn't see a price in your earlier posts for the
larger qualities printed, just a comment that printers don't like
small jobs (understandable some runs may take more time in setup and
cleanup then in the actual printing).

I think a pre-order scheme would be necessary here.  That way we get an idea
of how many of these things we should print.  But we should wait until steps
one and two are done so people know what they are getting.

I might be interested depends upon the cost and the designs in getting
some of these sticker sheets.

Any comments?

I guess I'd like some repeats of the designs on each sheet but not too
many to allow for variety (if you want more of a design then trade
with others or get more sheets?).  I would also like SOME sort of
non-military torsos if possible, you want men-at-arms, get the KK
polybag, at $2 its a good deal.   Sure Star Wars provides peasant type
torso but after you aquire so many of them the whole kingdom can start
looking like clones of a few individuals...  I have many SW torsos I
got from the  most recent Auczilla, some without hands :^)

A question, when talking about shields are we talking the "Teardrop"
or 'Triangular' shaped ones, or both at the same time?

Pre-ordering doesn't bother me once what  is being ordered is locked
down.

Thanks,

Jimmy

Mike
--
All other themes are just spare parts for Castle! :^)